black marks in tub - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

black marks in tub

i recently got a new big bath tub. i've only used it maybe 5 times. unforchantly, their are a few black marks going across the tub. like someone took a black pen and made some ink dots and lines. ( i have no young children to blame) it isn't mold. and it's impossible to clean. i've scrubbed with every cleaner that i have. i cant even scrape a little off with my finger nail. its stuck on the tub! i'm guessing it's just really stubborn dirt or something. its aggravating.

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-04-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

any help? pretty please? come on guys!
post #3 of Old 10-05-2011, 06:01 AM

Have you tried a Magic Erasure? You didn't say what type of tub it was? Porcelain, fiberglass? Usually the erasure and a bleach cleaner like clorox cleanup would take it off. Don't like bleach try vinegar and baking soda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-18-2011, 06:02 PM

it's got to be some type of dirt or mold problem. not to gross you out, but that's what it's got to be. try using a good brand of multi-purpose bathroom cleaner and let the SIT there for a good 7-10 min. then start your scrubbing and cleaning again. i'm sure it'll come right off.
post #5 of Old 10-20-2011, 04:26 PM

I would try a cleaner made for porcelain. Zap works pretty well for a lot of porcelain stains. Usually the problem stains for porcelain are rust stains which is a mineral build-up. Lime-away and other acidic cleaners work well for this. But a black mark may be something entirely different. Are you sure it's not really dark green? Something else you could try is a pumice stick. They sell them at janitorial stores - they are mainly used to clean the bowls of porcelain toilets.

Kitsap Window & Gutter Cleaning
post #6 of Old 10-21-2011, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

I ended up getting it off. It was some tough dirt...Just used some regular bathroom cleaner- i let it sit in for a while and scrubbed away as hard as my heart's desire. looking brand new thanks guys
post #7 of Old 10-28-2011, 12:14 AM

Glad you got it off of there! Out of curiousity, what type of tub is it? Fiberglass or cast iron?
post #8 of Old 11-02-2011, 02:24 AM

Have you tried...

Have you tried using a bleach and water solution with some type of scrub brush or SOS pad?

Lemons can also help with rings and marks just by rubbing them directly onto the areas...hope this helps you in some way!!

Sun Coast Cleaning & Restoration
SC Furniture Cleaners

"Clean carpets say a lot about a place"
post #9 of Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 PM

glad you figured it out
post #10 of Old 11-14-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

To those who asked- it's a fiberglass
post #11 of Old 01-13-2012, 12:44 PM

These does not sense like embedded marks as you explained. Is it like paint may be .
May be you should paint over them on your bath tub like we do on car scrathes with scratch remover pen.
post #12 of Old 01-20-2012, 06:13 AM

That's awful. What kind of cleaner did you use to get rid of that?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode