Cleaning Grout mde easy. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-20-2013, 03:30 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Grout mde easy.

No one enjoys cleaning grout,particularly when it contains old stains.But here is help around the corner.We can use readily available products to do this.Oxygen Bleach,Chlorine Bleach,Baking Soda........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-25-2014, 07:16 PM

My husband dropped a bottle of hot chili oil on my kitchen floor. We wiped it up post haste but the oil darkened the grout in that area. The grout is a light color. We just moved into this new house and I found out the grout was not sealed either. Is there something I can try myself or should I have a professional come in with the steam vapor machine?

I have to admit I am kind of fussy about my floor. My husband says only I notice the grout discolorations.

Any suggestions?
post #3 of Old 08-27-2014, 02:31 AM

One big mistake people make is to use bleach as a cleaning agent, bleach is to make things white ... which is perfect for this case. I am assuming that your kitchen floor is tiled and that bleach will not effect the colour of the tile or the type of floor you have, if you are not sure then test the floor with some bleach in a spot that no one will notice.
Get some cotton wool and soak it in bleach (wear gloves) and then place the cotton wool on the grout where the stain is. Leave it there for an hour and then check back. Wipe the area clean and see if the bleach has taken the stain away ... repeat if necessary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 AM

Trusty - my floor is indeed a porcelain tile and the grout is not actually white - more on the dark ivory/tan look.

Do you think Oxi-Clean would work as well with the same method you have described? I have been using Oxi-Clean to scrub my floor since the hot chili spill just because . . . not sure if it actually does anything. But I have not let it soak for an hour as you susggested.

I would be a little hesitant to use straight bleach because of my color.

Thank you for answering my post! Appreciate any help!
post #5 of Old 02-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Use an Alkaline Based Cleaner

Best to use a mild alkaline cleaner to deep clean your grout. Allow it to dwell for 10 to 15 minutes and agitate with a grout brush. You'll get much better results than using bleach.
post #6 of Old 07-28-2015, 03:26 AM

People who have used their services have said that the employers are efficient and clean the carpets really well. They have always fulfilled their requirements and have never disappointed them. They have said that the company is the best they have used in Florida. Tile and Grout cleaning In Fort Lauderdale

http://www.pcsfortlauderdale.com/
Fort Lauderdale, Florida,
Phone No. - +19547922808,
Email ID: - [email protected]
post #7 of Old 08-18-2015, 01:26 AM

These companies also provide thorough carpet cleaning services. As carpets are home to germs and bacteria, it is important to have a clean carpet. To maintain hygiene in the carpet, it becomes essential to get a clean carpet.
post #8 of Old 05-18-2016, 09:19 AM

Vinegar solution with warm water up to five minutes over grout, and after that a gentle use of brush over it. The following process will make it easy to deal with grout.

SteamPro Carpet Cleaning | Long Island | Nassau | Suffolk
http://www.steamprony.com/
877-85-STEAM
post #9 of Old 07-08-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FreshTile View Post
Best to use a mild alkaline cleaner to deep clean your grout. Allow it to dwell for 10 to 15 minutes and agitate with a grout brush. You'll get much better results than using bleach.
post #10 of Old 07-29-2016, 01:49 AM

This is really informative
post #11 of Old 08-01-2016, 10:53 AM

Location: 21a/13b Elm Park Drive, Hoppers Crossing VIC - 3029
Use fresh lemons with little water. Mix it well then applied onto grout .
Wait for at least 10 minutes then wipe away the floor.
I think this process can work and help you to deal with stubborn dirt over grout
Or
You can hire a professional cleaning expert who can remove dirt over grout using some tools and techniques
Regards
Zero Spot Cleaners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode