cleaning stained grout on a tile floor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 11-17-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

cleaning stained grout on a tile floor

I have a potential job that includes cleaning some blood stained grout in a laundry room where an injured dog was treated after being hit by a car. The area is not very big but the grout has been stained for some time. I'm thinking Chlorox or peroxide to lift the stain but I'm wondering if it is set in since it has been several months since the accident happened. Any suggestions or ideas?
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 AM

This is the easiest method and worth trying first to see if you can’t just bleach the grout clean with an oxygen cleaner. Make a solution of two gallons of hot water with 1 cup of Oxyilean powder. Make sure the Oxiclean completely dissolves. Mop with the solution. I like this option because the Oxiclean doesn’t have fumes like chlorine bleach does.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #3 of Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 PM

Blood stained grout

a couple of simple household products will dramatically lighten or remove your stains. Use a dish detergent that contains a degreaser mix 50 / 50 with water let it soak stain for 10 minuets, and agitate with a stiff nylon brush. wet vacuum up dirty water. Rinse with clean water and vacuum up water. Apply a peroxide cleaner (Oxyclean) or hydrogen peroxide over stained area,let soak for 10 minuets, agitate with brush, vacuum up and rinse again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 PM

There is a new product on the market that comes out of Florida and it is very impressive for cleaning Grout & Tile. It is called Grout Sensation and you can actually see the product work right before your eyes at the following website. Home improvement blogs did a write up on this product this past August. The site is www.usachemicalcorp.com. They will even send you a sample to try first.
post #5 of Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
There is a new product on the market that comes out of Florida and it is very impressive for cleaning Grout & Tile. It is called Grout Sensation and you can actually see the product work right before your eyes at the following website. Home improvement blogs did a write up on this product this past August. The site is www.usachemicalcorp.com. They will even send you a sample to try first.
I use pure vinegar and salt. Spray well the grout and rinse with hot water, use the shower handle or a spray bottle.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #6 of Old 04-08-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Dupont View Post
I use pure vinegar and salt. Spray well the grout and rinse with hot water, use the shower handle or a spray bottle.
I used your suggestion and it actually worked on minor stains. Thanks a bunch for sharing
post #7 of Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 AM

That's a new one for me too, i'll give that a try for some minor stains I have on my grouting.
post #8 of Old 04-09-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
I really want to use this but I am not getting it in stores, give me some details.
post #9 of Old 11-26-2015, 01:39 AM

You can also use any strong toilet cleaner to remove that stain on the floor.
post #10 of Old 01-07-2016, 08:02 AM

Make a paste of baking soda and water. Rub it on the stain and let it sit overnight, then scrub the stain in the morning with a stiff nylon brush.

SteamPro Carpet Cleaning | Long Island | Nassau | Suffolk
http://www.steamprony.com/
877-85-STEAM
post #11 of Old 01-20-2016, 12:44 PM

Cleaning Stained Grout on a Tile Floor

As a Professional Cleaning Company we try two methods of cleaning grout.
1# Zeps Brand Tile and Grout whitner (this will lift any dirty and grim from the grout) If this doesnt work we use a special steam cleaner that offers a high pressure washing under a dome for indoor use.

2# Call your local stainly steemer which can offer this as well as we do.
post #12 of Old 02-02-2016, 07:44 AM

Time is essential when you're cleaning up blood. The sooner you clean it, the better. But unfortunately for you this is not a possibility. In your case you can mostly rely on harsh detergents and lots of scrubbing. But before you reach for the commercial detergents, you can try some baking soda and vinegar. If this doesn't work, the next step is bleach with water or something equally strong. Using a pressure cleaning machine is also not excluded in these situation. Just be careful, because some types of natural stone tiles are too gentle and a pressure cleaner can destroy them.

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.
post #13 of Old 02-09-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanidude View Post
a couple of simple household products will dramatically lighten or remove your stains. Use a dish detergent that contains a degreaser mix 50 / 50 with water let it soak stain for 10 minuets, and agitate with a stiff nylon brush. wet vacuum up dirty water. Rinse with clean water and vacuum up water. Apply a peroxide cleaner (Oxyclean) or hydrogen peroxide over stained area,let soak for 10 minuets, agitate with brush, vacuum up and rinse again.
I'd use a cheap detergent like Sun, since it's salt based. Test a spot. Scrub it in. See how it's working. If not, step with up with salt and a caustic, and scrub that in. Then follow the rest of your instruction there. Rinse, vacuum, rinse, vacuum, then a pure Oxyclean and repeat until done. I know this definitely works for blood...

Doug Black Salida Home And Property LLC | Salida, CO 81201 | 719-581-2229 | House Cleaning, Airbnb Cleaning, Handyman
post #14 of Old 02-10-2016, 08:52 AM

Highly concentrated alkaline, ammoniated, and acidic cleaners should be avoided, as they may break down the sealer. Use neutral cleaners instead.

SteamPro Carpet Cleaning | Long Island | Nassau | Suffolk
http://www.steamprony.com/
877-85-STEAM
post #15 of Old 02-10-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamprony View Post
Highly concentrated alkaline, ammoniated, and acidic cleaners should be avoided, as they may break down the sealer. Use neutral cleaners instead.
True, but laundry rooms are hardly ever sealed for exactly that reason.

Doug Black Salida Home And Property LLC | Salida, CO 81201 | 719-581-2229 | House Cleaning, Airbnb Cleaning, Handyman
post #16 of Old 09-13-2016, 04:04 PM

Full of informative post here. worth reading
post #17 of Old 10-29-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamprony View Post
Make a paste of baking soda and water. Rub it on the stain and let it sit overnight, then scrub the stain in the morning with a stiff nylon brush.
Will try this for sure.
post #18 of Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 AM

Worth reading piece. Ideas and tips shared by you are really useful. Hiring a professional service for grout cleaning you can save you money in the long run. Professional tile and grout cleaning can remove mold and mildew before it penetrates the surface, causing costly damage and they can clean them much better. Our sustainable cleaning methods, floor care techniques and commercial floor waxes and supplies will exceed your high standards of health, environmental friendliness, cleanliness and overall floor appearance. I suggest dewatering with a wet/dry vac.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #19 of Old 06-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Try a all purpose cleaner
post #20 of Old 07-05-2017, 03:26 AM

You can hire DíSapone Ė a quality grout and tile restoration company. No matter how bad the stains are, they can remove with their exquisitely designed products from pFOkUS. They also carry a 5 year labor warranty on their restoration services.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode