General low mess way to lift dirt off ceramic tile? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-28-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

General low mess way to lift dirt off ceramic tile?

I'm looking for something with low mess for cleaning a small amount of tile. Something to spray then after soaking will make the dirt easier to get out of the texture of the tile.

It's next to carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-04-2019, 08:16 AM

Sprsay them with a decent all purpose cleaner. I like Lysols, because it smells oklay and cleans well. Let it sit there a while, then wipe the dirt off with clean rags. If dirt is ground in you may have to scrub with a brush or even a scouring pad made for dishes.
post #3 of Old 01-04-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks it's definitely ground in. How do I stop the scrubbing from creating alot of unnecessary foam?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-28-2019, 05:20 PM

Try vinegar and water.
post #5 of Old 05-31-2019, 06:01 PM

There is often no way to avoid some scrubbing. That's just life. If its a very small area, a Magic eraser would probably help. I am currently dealing with a home that hired a local cleaning company several years ago to clean their modestly sized home. Within 10 minutes on the first day I cleaned their home I got total evidence that this company had done a HUGELY bad job. Tile floors had not been properly cleaned in all that time, nor were the bathrooms cleaned well. OR the kitchen. They quite obviously had not bothered to move items around in order to clean behind them. The real kicker here is that they claimed it took 7-8 hours every other week to clean that house, and the owners believed them. I have never dealt with that much dust in my cleaning career, and the floors are a total mess as they only used a darn string mop and swished dirty water around. I took my steam mop there last time and even IT didn't get up all those yucky dirt lines that have settle into all the slight indentations on those floors. This kind of shoddy work really annoys me. And a house of that size does NOT need 8 hours of cleaning! That is simply outrageous.
post #6 of Old 06-07-2019, 12:47 PM

I forgot to mention that I will NOT name that company. But perhaps I should. They ripped these people off for several years and I am so embarrassed that they did this and hurt ALL cleaning professionals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode