Grout Cleaning With Scrubber? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Grout Cleaning With Scrubber?

I've read a lot about people using their truckmount carpet cleaners with spinners for cleaning tile and grout. I clean more high-rise apartment and office carpets, so I just have a portable steam carpet cleaner.

We've been getting more into hard flooring, vct strip & wax, etc, to the point where I want to get an autoscrubber. Could I use one such as the Powr-Flite CAS16 to clean tile & grout effectively?

Here is the link to the one I want to buy.
Powr-Flite CAS16

thanks,
Fred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-22-2012, 07:14 PM
JMI

I've never used the model you linked below but it seems to me there is a lack of PSI with the pump that's included with the machine.
post #3 of Old 06-18-2012, 05:54 AM

Get an auto

If you are dealing with corporate clients with big buildings I think you should get a scrubbing machine as it will save you money and time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 AM

Get yourself a 175 machine

Forget the auto scrubber. Get yourself a nice 175 machine and a grit brush and pad driver and the necessary pads. It will do much better on Tile and Grout than an auto scrubber.
post #5 of Old 02-19-2015, 07:19 AM

The most basic of this equipment is a deck brush with fine bristles. These bristles should be hard enough to clean the dirt stuck in the grout. Hand held power scrubbers are mechanized version of the deck brush and usually comes with a rotary head.
post #6 of Old 03-01-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmatheka View Post
The most basic of this equipment is a deck brush with fine bristles. These bristles should be hard enough to clean the dirt stuck in the grout. Hand held power scrubbers are mechanized version of the deck brush and usually comes with a rotary head.
Gonna need more than just a deck brush. Grout brush, chems, and shop vac with squeegee attachment in addition to the deck brush is bare minimum, IMO.
post #7 of Old 03-01-2015, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FreshTile View Post
Gonna need more than just a deck brush. Grout brush, chems, and shop vac with squeegee attachment in addition to the deck brush is bare minimum, IMO.
I agree. Any less than that would make a job difficult and less profitable. It would also save you a lot of time and energy so I would really invest on it if you're into commercial cleaning.
post #8 of Old 03-23-2015, 03:09 AM

i Agree and thankful to all above suggestions.. But Grout cleaning with Scrubber its a different way of cleaning part like one of the best services:
We carry a full selection of cleaning machines including; rotary tile cleaning tools, cylindrical brush scrubbers in both battery powered and cord electric. We have all the tools & cleaning equipment to clean and restore your ceramic, porcelain and quarry tile floors. for protect Tile and cleaning Professional carpet systems fort lauderdale
post #9 of Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM

Artificial tile floors are the perfect investment for any household. The materials are the basic foundations for the floors and have to be cleaned to sustain their perfect appeal and have to be long lasting. The basic ground work in keeping the title clean and making them look good is to keep them debris that gather in the grout lines.
Experts of Jeananne Cleaning Services
post #10 of Old 04-22-2015, 04:17 AM

It all depends on how often you'll have to use the machine. I personally think that the one you have chosen is good, but not good enough, if you're going to service big corporate buildings. I would also recommend paying extra attention to the bristles of the machines you buy - they are the part which takes the biggest hit, and they should be good enough. But if they are too hard, this could damage more gentle tiles, so be careful with your choice. We usually use rotary scrubbers to do such things.

Home is the place we love best and grumble the most.
Tile Cleaning Team in Sydney

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode