How to Clean Ceramic tile flooring - For the Homeowner - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-26-2015, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

How to Clean Ceramic tile flooring - For the Homeowner

Thought I would post this video from our blog series "know your floors". Some useful tips for homeowners in regards to regular cleaning of your ceramic tile and grout flooring. Let me know what you think!

Know Your Floors - Ceramic Tile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-27-2015, 03:12 AM

Ceramic-tile floors can be cleaned easily with nothing but warm water, but be sure to sweep or vacuum first to remove any loose soil or grit. Never use a sponge mop to clean ceramic-tile floors. It will pull the dirt right into the grout tracks. This makes the floor more difficult to clean.
post #3 of Old 03-27-2015, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-30-2015, 07:10 AM

Hoovering or sweeping and a regular mop dipped with floor cleaner should do the job.
Cleaners Wandsworth
post #5 of Old 04-22-2015, 04:30 AM

The tiles in my living room are ceramic, and I have a whole routine when I clean them. After trying a few different things, I finally found a solution which worked perfectly without damaging the gentle surface. First I get a vacuum cleaner with an attachment for narrow areas and vacuum the entire floor very thoroughly. Than I get a bucket of water and I pour some liquid dish soap, about half a cup of vinegar and a few drops of lemon juice. The vinegar helps remove sooth and stubborn stains more easily. Than I get a mop and I start wiping the floor with it. For the hard to reach spaces I use an old rag or a cloth. Sometimes if I have enough time, I also get a second bucket filled with water, and I use it to clean the mop after wiping the floor. This way the cleaning solution in the first bucket stays clean, and I can clean more space using it.

Home is the place we love best and grumble the most.
Tile Cleaning Team in Sydney
post #6 of Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FreshTile View Post
So many spammers her it seems
yup. your video is quite informative though to you. Was that your voice? The background and the font color you used are way too neutral though. It felt like a 10 min video.
post #7 of Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 AM

Regularly sweep, vacuum, and damp mop your tile floors. A quick sweeping or vacuuming removes dirt and debris before it can become embedded in the tile or grout. Mopping with warm water and using a manufacturer-recommended cleaning product also enhances your tile’s gloss, shine, and color. One of the best floor cleaning product is water which is effective in keeping your tile floor looking great. You can also mix a cup of white vinegar with a gallon of water for a wonderfully effective, odor-eliminating cleanser.
post #8 of Old 04-25-2015, 01:52 PM

eager to learn floor care

kind of off topic but only a bit i strip and finish floors nightly got thrown in learned as i went along turns out im pretty good at it so this is a job ill keep for a long time but never had to clean and restore a shine to ceramic i tested a small spot with water and floor side to side with black pad kind of turned white a bit not sure what to use im kind of limited on chemicals as well also back offices are kind of home cleaning lol im wanting any and all info on floor care and finishing
post #9 of Old 04-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Mix a solution of floor cleaner and warm water. You can use a clean cloth or sponge dipped in floor cleaner and water solution to wipe the tile clean. Use an old toothbrush to clean the tile grout lines.
post #10 of Old 05-11-2015, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PD_Lape View Post
yup. your video is quite informative though to you. Was that your voice? The background and the font color you used are way too neutral though. It felt like a 10 min video.
Yeah its a bit long. Mostly just a content booster for my site. Definitely not going viral
post #11 of Old 05-11-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FreshTile View Post
Yeah its a bit long. Mostly just a content booster for my site. Definitely not going viral
Content booster for your site..... spam for this one! Kind of ironic isn't it ^^^
post #12 of Old 05-11-2015, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcar93 View Post
Content booster for your site..... spam for this one! Kind of ironic isn't it ^^^
How do you figure looking for feedback on a blog post is spam? Sound logic there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode