How to clean & seal paver brick & mex tile? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-09-2006, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Question How to clean & seal paver brick & mex tile?

I need help! And quick! I have bought a new home and am traveling 130 miles back and forth to it trying to get it ready to move in to three weeks from today!

I have paver brick floor in my den and back entrance hall as well as on my screened porch. I want to clean the brick real good to enhance the appearance and put some kind of finish on it to make it more smooth (to bare feet) and keep dirt from collecting in the grout and porous surface of the brick. What do I use?? I've talked with several different sources and get a different answer from each one. I don't want to hurt my floors but want to make them prettier. I think the previous owner had applied a tung oil or something to it a few years ago...other than that there is nothing on it.

I also have Mexican tile in my kitchen. I need to clean the grout and put something on it to repel stains. I would like a finish on it like the brick...to enhance the color of the tile and give it a mild shine...but, have no idea if this is even an option.

HELP PLEASE!!!! I'm heading back down to the house in two days to do this flooring project. My time is running out. I really appreciate any good advise you can give me!! THANK YOU!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-10-2006, 08:47 PM

You can put a topical coating wax on top of the surface. That sounds like what you want.

I clean tile and grout but would recommend you get some one who does saltillo (mexican tiles) who can apply the floor finish.

I'm under the impression it's not a do it yourself type of project (although I'm sure you can)
post #3 of Old 07-12-2006, 12:42 PM

Brick: scrub brush your choice of cleaner and wet dry vac. Dry then brush or use paint roller to apply Kure N Seal. For concrete and brick and used a lot for stamped concrete outside. Like a heavy clear coating/varnish that leaves a little gloss. I have used on outdoor stamped concrete and in side fireplace brick surround.

Tile: any grout sealer from harware store. Dont think you will find anything made that will hold up as a coating for the non pourous tile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Welcome to the site Ray... thanks for registering and posting.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #5 of Old 07-20-2006, 08:26 PM

I know it is past the dead line, but...

Have you thought about steam cleaning (w/recovery) and then a sealer.
post #6 of Old 07-31-2006, 08:58 PM

What steam cleaning are you thinking of?

Personally I don't much like steam cleaning...I own a top of line continuous fill steam cleaner as well. Yes heat does help in the cleaning process, but so does a CONTROLLED water pressure as well as agitation and chemicals...

Steaming does have it's place and I do occasionally use it. But I've cleaned thousands of sq feet using other methods that are easier, faster and more practical.

turbo-force.com has videos of what I mean
post #7 of Old 09-21-2008, 06:59 PM

I don't have any suggestion for how to smooth the surface of your floors but if you want to get them nice & shiny, you can use the Shaklee Basic H...

To learn more about it, visit my business site below...!
post #8 of Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Michael,

This discussion was over two years old. I think the issue was resolved a long time ago. It's one thing to help or add new info to a discussion, but it's another thing to dredge up old posts just to sell your product.

STOP SPAMMING!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #9 of Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 PM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #10 of Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM

I'm sorry, please forgive me...!
post #11 of Old 05-16-2019, 01:11 AM

i will not forgive you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode