How many PSI is needed to clean tile - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

How many PSI is needed to clean tile

I have a carpet cleaning business, And use a little giant propane heater i was told it can handle about 600 PSI is this enough to clean tile?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-17-2007, 10:16 PM

Yes. I've cleaned it with as little as 200 PSI. High heat helps very little.

Cleaning Superman
Alter ego: George Barnett, Owner: G & G Services
http://www.CleaningSuperhero.com
Stone Care Central Regional Director, SouthEastern United States
http://www.bnitrussville.com
post #3 of Old 01-26-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleaning Superman View Post
Yes. I've cleaned it with as little as 200 PSI. High heat helps very little.

Cleaning with pressure, 200 psi is about right.

It should be said that you clean clean with a mop and bucket with pretty darn good results if you're using the right chemicals. Never as good as high pressure cleaning of course but the right chemicals are what helps the most...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 AM

Most spinners require 800 psi to work, so keep this in mind. I clean using 1200 psi, however if you get a grout brush and scrub before you extract you will be able to get good results. Keep in mind the chemical you use is just as important as the psi. My friend cleaned tile and grout with 500 psi for a year before he got a truckmount. He did well enough, but even he admits that the high pressure gets better results than the scrubbing.

az
post #5 of Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 AM

Don't attempt to clean tile and grout with anything less than 500-600 psi per jet. If you only have one jet on your tool, I guess 500 psi would be fine. I use 1500psi with my 2-jet rotary wand. If I go below 1000 psi I notice a difference.
post #6 of Old 01-11-2008, 09:10 AM

Have to agree about the Spinner

http://www.cancleanit.com

Anything under 800psi with my truck/spinner and I notice a huge difference.

However, the poster that mentioned the correct chemicals and a mop was right too....be sure you know what you are trying to get off the grout. Is the soil acidic?

There are 2 basic choices for chemical, and they do DRASTICALLY different things. Acidic or Alkaline.....urine residue or soap residue?

Good cleaning to you!

Dehn Merrill

Last edited by dehnger2u; 09-22-2008 at 04:45 AM.
post #7 of Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM
Banned

Exclamation Try cleaning tile with no PSI at all, much more effective...!

All this talk about PSI or Pounds per Square Inch isn't really necessary at all...

The Shaklee Basic H will do a much better job than any high-powered cleaner out there with no residue at all...

Find out more on my business site below...!
post #8 of Old 01-08-2009, 10:40 PM

With good dwell time and pre agitation 600 psi will do. More would be better though. I typically clean at 800 to 1000 psi.

Carlson Carpet of Dallas
post #9 of Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Indeed,A lesser PSI say 300 or so is enough..60 is much but is also effective.
post #10 of Old 07-22-2009, 10:09 PM

Ok gotta bring this up again. I never clean under a 1000 psi, but hey if you don't have it make it up with a grout brush. I like to run 1200 psi on most jobs. If you do, you will make money. If you don't, good luck scrubbing.

az
post #11 of Old 07-17-2019, 01:03 PM

So here I have read that there is such a thing as a steam mop, this is a unique household device, created in order to significantly simplify the life of any housewife. It makes the cleaning process simple and easy, helps to eliminate any dirt and difficult stains on the floor. It can be used to clean laminate, parquet, marble, ceramic tiles, nonpermeable wood, and carpets. What do you think? So I am looking at this model and thinking to try it. Do they really have advantages over conventional mops?
post #12 of Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 PM

Cleaning with pressure, 200 psi is about right.

It should be said that you clean clean with a mop and bucket with pretty darn good results if you're using the right chemicals. Never as good as high pressure cleaning of course but the right chemicals are what helps the most...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode