Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

how to start tile cleaning

12K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Jarhead 
#1 ·
ok i have decided to go into hard floor restoration. i need help on how to start. is there any training programs? do i really need a training program or not? what price range am i looking at to start this business? am looking to start with a portable unite. is it hard cleaning tile and other hard surfaces?

#3 ·
Using a small scrub brush and a mild detergent is the most basic way to start cleaning tiles. If the stains are more, you may mix a small amount of white vinegar and baking soda. Then scrub this solution into the lines using a regular toothbrush or some other small brush.

#13 ·
I agree for the most part but adding vinegar to any solution makes it rather acidic. It could potentially damage tiles so I highly recommend knowing what kind of tile you are dealing with. Also, vinegar and baking soda cancels each other's cleaning prowess so mixing both isn't very smart.

I don't think tile cleaning is that costly put up but hardwood restoration can be rather tricky. I suggest you do in depth research and go into some training programs first before deciding what services you should offer as well as how competitive your prices should be.

#5 ·
Cleanman,

Have you heard of Kaivac before? If you're looking for a portable unit you definitely need to check out our OmniFlex System. Our system removes soils and actually leaves the floor dry, eliminating time spent waiting around and leaving the floor much cleaner and safer than other methods.

Check out our new OmniFlex system specifically designed to be flexible for all floor types. Very good price for all it does... MSRP $699 for the whole system. You can also buy tools and chemicals in our online store, Kaivac.com

Disclaimer: I work in Kaivac's Marketing Dept.

#9 ·
tile cleaning

Sweep or vacuum your glazed tile floors regularly to keep them from getting dull. Tiles may be resistant to dirt, but sand and grit can dull glazed surfaces. Clean tile with mild detergent and clean water, using a rag or chamois-type mop rather than a sponge mop. The latter pushes dirty water into grout lines and makes them harder to clean. Be sure to change the water frequently while mopping; dirty water equals a cloudy floor.

For more details visit us at: classiquechemdry.com.au

#15 ·
You can get by with a portable. Don't concentrate on heat with a portable extractor, it wont keep up with tile and grout cleaning. Look for something with at a bare minimum of 800 psi. You can also get acceptable results with a 175 w/grit brush and a shop vac, but it is harder work and will take much longer.

#16 ·
I would say, study a bunch of tile cleaning sites and find out what services they offer. Then, go to youtube and watch videos of professionals cleaning tile to find out how they do it and what equipment they use. Im sure there are also pleanty of articles that tell you about cleaners and all that good stuff. Research is your best bet. Also, call a professional tile company and tell them that you are interested in doing the same thing and ask them for tips. Some people might turn you away but others will welcome you with open arms. Make sure you arent in the same competitive market as them though and they should help you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.