New Grout on old Grout - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

New Grout on old Grout

I had a tile job in Broomfield CO. and it turned out great except for this area by the garage door. I tried everything to clean it and no go. When I felt along the grout I realized that somebody had put new grout on the old grout and it had worn away in spots. Has anybody been able to remove small areas of grout? What would you charge and how would you do it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Worn grout

You can certainly replace the worn areas of grout. If its just a color variation you could sell them on color seal. If the grout is actually worn away, you'll need remove the worn areas of grout to a suitable depth (base of tile) and regrout. DO NOT try to do a half assed "overlay" take the time to remove enough grout that you will have a sound repair, that will last. Tile and grout repair is a good set of services to offer, if you are doing tile and grout cleaning already. Be careful not to chip the edge of the tile when removing the grout, just take your time and do it right and you'll be fine.

Tags
grout repair broomfield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode