Products for cleaning out grout - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Products for cleaning out grout

The grout in my 1 shower is filthy. What are some of the best products to get it pearly white?

I've been in construction since I turned 16. It's mainly been roofing. The cleveland roofing industry has been good to me. My bones are starting to ache though. I'm proud that these hands have helped build America and homes for it's people though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 PM

There's a product here called Sugar Soap. all i do is just use that and then from hardware stores you can buy this stuff that either paints or re-coats your grout whatever colour you want. if they're that bad, that might be your best option to explore.
post #3 of Old 09-04-2010, 02:29 AM

It is good to try out natural cleaning solutions before resorting to using products available in the market. There are plenty out there, many eco-friendly ones and which might have to be used only in consultation with a professional advice for your floors. You could use baking soda to combat tough stains. Try it out and the link does explain how you could use it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-14-2010, 03:42 AM

...if, after cleaning, the mold returns quickly, you may have more than just a surface mold problem. The mold may be embedded behind the tile and grout. You need to take a look, either by removing some tiles or cutting through an adjoining wall. Extensive mold is going to require some extensive work, so best call in a mold removal expert.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #5 of Old 09-20-2010, 01:45 AM

phosphoric acid work great its safe and most janitorial supply companies carry it
post #6 of Old 09-20-2010, 04:47 AM

Bleach works great

post #7 of Old 02-19-2011, 03:40 AM

Theres a product called Pink Stuff that is non-acid: non-abrasive: non-corrosive: antibacterial, antifungal, food safe, septic safe and kills staph etc. It is simply broom on wait 20mins mop off. Brings grout and tile back to new no matter what the colour. Has attained an innovation award in Australia.
Cheers
post #8 of Old 02-22-2011, 03:30 PM

Cleaning Grout

For cleaning grout, I use oxygen bleach powder and a stiff bristled brush. I have used regular bleach before with good results, but I used a respirator for the fumes . Regular bleach shouldn't be used for colored grout even if it is gray or tan as it will destroy the Pigments. Oxygen bleach, though, will clean without harming pigments. For cleaning off soap scum from the tile itself, I use a product with hydrochloric acid.

Bremerton Window Cleaning & Janitorial
post #9 of Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 AM

Oxygen Bleach is the best way .
post #10 of Old 08-04-2011, 08:21 PM

I would just use some type of bleach product. Scrub really hard. And keep cleaning a few days after, because if it's really bad, it'll come back quick.
post #11 of Old 08-06-2011, 02:55 PM

Bio-Magic

I would try using a product called Bio-Magic. About three weeks ago I purchased it from a website called Zero Effort Store and received it pretty quickly. I use it on everything from my grill to my bathtub. It leaves a funny smell, but it goes away after an hour or so. Here is the link http://www.zeroeffortstore.com/produ...?id_product=13. Hope this helps.
post #12 of Old 08-09-2011, 06:16 AM

I work for a company in Ireland called JSK Eco Cleaning Solutions. We provide all eco friendly cleaning products and all our products provide excellent results. Check out this video that shows how we recommend how you should clean grout. Go check out our website and see our other eco friendly products that may be of interest to you and contact us if you require more information on our cleaning products.
post #13 of Old 10-14-2011, 06:34 AM

Acidic cleaning supplies can be harm to your grout and make dirt, stains, mold and contaminates easier to be absorbed by the grout. Additionally these types of cleaning supplies will break down any sealers in the grout.
post #14 of Old 10-14-2011, 12:21 PM

Response

Definitely use bleach. There is nothing better.

www.bbcleaningservice.com

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog
post #15 of Old 10-17-2011, 02:04 AM

General Grout Cleaning Tips:
1. First clean the grout with water to remove loose surface debris and allow to dry
2. Don't use bleach on colored grout, bleach will discolor the grout.
3. Don't clean granite or natural stone with household cleaners.
4. When cleaning with acids such as vinegar, be aware that grout often contains cement which is alkaline. There are also plenty of natural stone tiles that have alkaline properties such as marble and travertine. Cleaning with acids can and will etch away the surface.
Etc..
post #16 of Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy_cleaner:) View Post
Definitely use bleach. There is nothing better.

www.bbcleaningservice.com

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog
you must be kidding? There are many much better products than bleach. I don't think bleach will ever restore the color of grout, it may remove certain stains based on its oxidizing ability but you should look into some kind of alkaline or acidic cleaning agent to really restore the grout.
post #17 of Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 PM

any alcohol or citrus based products but try to advoid using bleach or bleach based products as they can discolour the grout yellow.
post #18 of Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 AM

Try to clean your tile grout naturally. This is the best way to clean your tile grout without hurting mother nature: http://www.naturallysavvy.com/natura...rout-naturally

But if you're really looking for products, you may as well try these:
1. Tile Doctor Grout Clean Up
2. Go Commercial Grout Cleaner
3. Grout Renu
4. Groutrageous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode