restaurant kitchen grout cleaning? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

restaurant kitchen grout cleaning?

I do a lot of re-grouting, and tile repair. This company also wants me to clean the grout on the rest of the kitchen. they have a light colored grout but you would never know it.

I dont own a steam unit or a hot PW, I would appreciate any suggestions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-10-2008, 04:50 PM

Im guessing there is going to be a lot of grease and grim on the floor so I would suggest flooding the floor with some solvent solution and scrubbing it with a bristle brush. I use a swing scrubber. After that, suck up the floor and rinse it. This should take care of it. If there is heavy build up in the lines, repeat the process. We use the SX-12 tool with 500 PSI and 200 degrees of heat. This makes rinsing and cleaning a lot easier. Hope this helps.
post #3 of Old 03-11-2008, 09:34 AM

I agree with the use of a bristle brush. Do you own any equipment for the jobs or do you use basic cleaning agents?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-23-2008, 06:27 PM

kitchen floor cleaning

I would suggest looking into using a surfactant based cleanser that can make quick work of grease and oils. The problem with solvent and or detergent based ones is that they often fail to "float" the grease and oils completely out of the grout. I don't think you would need to buy or rent as the cleanser I have used is exceptional at lifting out the grease and dirt. I can't say it wil make the entire floor a consistant color but I do know if used it will do quite well. Nice also is that it is neutral pH and can be used to deep clean polished marble floor grouting! If you want to know the name I provide you with the name and company. The surfactants also breakdown environmentally way faster than solvents and hypochlorite solutions. Also if you provide them with a gallon after your service they will come back to you for more.
Thanks
Stan- My first post
post #5 of Old 03-23-2008, 06:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Welcome Stan! I hope the Easter Bunny was good for you today.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #6 of Old 09-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Exclamation Here's a great suggestion...!

As few people know, the Shaklee Basic H is best for cleaning grout of any kind as well as most other surfaces too...

Just have a look at my business site to learn more about it...!
post #7 of Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM

I do a lot of restaurant kitchen cleaning on a nightly basis..If your clenaing the grout..DO NOT use a pressure washer. It will rip all the grout out. Use a water hose and put down some heavy degreaser and scrub it..let it sit around 10 mins then spray it off with water hose. You can also buy some grout cleaner and a grout brush.
post #8 of Old 11-13-2008, 06:36 AM
J4K

You can use a pressure washer. You just need to use the correct one. As stated if it is too strong you can do damage. We use one that is not strong enough to damage the grout but it does clean the floor. That being said we use Tide floor powder on our kitchen floors. And we follow up with an enzyme product that helps keep the floors clean.
post #9 of Old 11-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K View Post
You can use a pressure washer. You just need to use the correct one. As stated if it is too strong you can do damage. We use one that is not strong enough to damage the grout but it does clean the floor. That being said we use Tide floor powder on our kitchen floors. And we follow up with an enzyme product that helps keep the floors clean.

Tide powder is really good! If im getting a new account to clean the kitchen I start off with degreaser the first couple nights, then on a regular basis I use the Tide floor powder.

Where do you buy ur tide from? Its like $90 a box
post #10 of Old 11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
J4K

I get mine from Sam's club.
post #11 of Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM

Thats where Ill be getting mine soon. Food service place I get mine from is selling out and the place that bought them out is raising prices a little.
post #12 of Old 05-10-2009, 05:48 AM

what cleaning agents do you use?!
I bet it took you so long to clean grout and tiles
because you don't have the sufficient equipments.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode