The right Cleaner for the right tile? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-03-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

The right Cleaner for the right tile?

I am newbie to this tile and grout cleaning can anyone tell me where i can get training for this profession use of the tools is pretty self explanitory however i dont know how to identify types of tiles and stone i would hate to ruin somones floor and have to pay to repair my mistake of using the wrong chemical to clean the tiles and stone also im told you can clean vinyl,VCT and other types of flooring with the hydro turbo any help or direction anyone can help me out with would be really awsome
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-03-2012, 05:38 PM
JMI

The link below will get you certified in your area of intrest.

http://iicrc.org/
post #3 of Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the link,the closest school is a ten hour drive for me know of any in northern california? i have seen some instructional dvd sold that claim to cover everything you need to know to start a t&g cleaning buisiness think that would be just as good minus the certification?
thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-04-2012, 08:21 AM
JMI

Here is a manual you can order that might help as well.
http://interlinksupply.com/index.html?item_num=LM46

As for the videos you mentioned. Sure they can be a great source for basic information. After gathering your basic knowledge. Do some practice jobs on friends and family. You'll want to know your system prior to going at a paid job.
post #5 of Old 05-04-2012, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the inforJmi really appreciate it
post #6 of Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangaround View Post
I am newbie to this tile and grout cleaning can anyone tell me where i can get training for this profession use of the tools is pretty self explanitory however i dont know how to identify types of tiles and stone i would hate to ruin somones floor and have to pay to repair my mistake of using the wrong chemical to clean the tiles and stone also im told you can clean vinyl,VCT and other types of flooring with the hydro turbo any help or direction anyone can help me out with would be really awsome
Thanks in advance
Well, as per my point of view that tile cleaning is not difficult task. You use Oxygen bleach products. These are material and shade safe, non-toxic and do not generate dangerous toxins. They easily eliminate spots of all types with little rubbing. It's actually quite exciting the way it work.
post #7 of Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 AM

Really cleaning is not a difficult task but you must have some precautions because a single small mistake may be harmful for you. Before using any chemical or any experiment you must have to be aware about its effects because it will fall negative impact if you vanish your client’s floor and tile.
post #8 of Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
Really cleaning is not a difficult task but you must have some precautions because a single small mistake may be harmful for you. Before using any chemical or any experiment you must have to be aware about its effects because it will fall negative impact if you vanish your client’s floor and tile.

Yes, I am absolutely agree that you have some precautions.To secure your tiled ground from dirt and dirt, you can use mats and carpeting on the high traffic area like access and steps. Take these simple safety measures to keep your ground glowing fresh and free of dirt.
post #9 of Old 05-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Cleaning The Tiles

Hi! I agree that we must be careful in choosing the product that we are going to use because it might destroy our facilities. You can use any brand as long as it matches the capabilities of the cleaner so you better read the product description carefully. There are many products which are for general use but if you want to clean the desired part, you must choose the product for specific problem. Moreover, we must also take care of our health while cleaning to it much advice to use safety gadgets like gloves and mask during the cleaning process. That's all.

FindPharmacistSchools.com is an online resource website which features many resources and tips on the best way to successfully get an education and get the job.We provide everything you will need to become a pharmacist. Pharmacist schools and more!
post #10 of Old 05-19-2012, 12:26 AM

Hi, monicaeddwards I am totally agree with you. Cleaning agent should be select carefully. Whatever brand you are going to use read its description properly. It is best to use any safety equipment such as hand gloves while cleaning process.
post #11 of Old 07-19-2012, 06:44 AM

There are multiple online services are available which provides the best cleaning services, though for cleaning service you can look out the information in to the restoration resource, where you can get the all types cleaning information.
post #12 of Old 07-30-2012, 06:29 AM

We use vinegar. It's good stuff. You'll want to spray vinegar in all the places where mold grows most easily. This includes places like the sealing underneath your faucets, on your shower curtains, in the grout of your tile floor, or near the edges of the linoleum, if that's what you have for flooring.

nyc fire damage cleanup
post #13 of Old 10-30-2012, 01:30 PM

There are different kind of tiles and you have to apply different cleansers as per the types of tiles. Most of the people are going to use baking soda and vinegar with warm water to clean their houses.
post #14 of Old 11-28-2012, 03:24 AM

Make sure cleaning the type of tile with the right products and it will make your tile look good when it cleans stubborn stains. In my view Oxygen bleach products are the best and ideal, the best thing about this is color safe, non-toxic and do not produce harmful fumes.

Bench seating Components

Last edited by michaelvaugan; 11-28-2012 at 03:36 AM.
post #15 of Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 AM

Green products
post #16 of Old 03-25-2013, 04:34 AM

Eventually, cleaning is not too difficult which needs a proper training. I think for cleaning tile and floor you must use some products which help you to clean your floor. I will suggest you that using vinegar, backing powder into water clearly helps you to clean your floor. So, you must obey this tips for cleaning floor, tile or grout.

gym Flooring rolls
post #17 of Old 12-28-2015, 04:23 AM

Tile floors are a durable and long-term investment, but they need to be regularly cared for, in order to preserve their appearance. Tile floors are known for their water resistance and easy cleaning properties. They can be effectively kept clean by diligently following certain simple cleaning tips. Read the cleaning tips at http://www.steamprony.com/tile-maintenance-and-care/.

SteamPro Carpet Cleaning | Long Island | Nassau | Suffolk
http://www.steamprony.com/
877-85-STEAM
post #18 of Old 02-10-2016, 02:06 PM

Honestly, I find YouTube is the best resource when it comes to wanting to learn about this stuff. Plus it's free! Haha. You can put the money you'd be spending at the school into actually buying the tools! Good luck
post #19 of Old 05-31-2016, 11:09 PM

Great information!
post #20 of Old 06-07-2016, 05:37 AM

I usually clean my tiles with the vinegar, i mix vinegar with normal temperature water , it is the best thing to clean the tiles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode