steam cleaning machines - all purpose - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-20-2009, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

steam cleaning machines - all purpose

sorry if this is wrong subforum to choose, couldn't find a better one.

i'm thinking of perhaps buying a decent steam cleaner for end of tenancy cleans as i'm finding getting the grease off and things like limescale can be the most time consuming and this could save us alot of valuable time.

however i'm a little concerned as i don't want to go spending little money and get one that isn't up to the job, but then don't want to spend money and get one too expensive to find they aren't that helpful.

i'm hoping someone can help me out and see what others opinions have been with steam cleaning. are they worth it? what is a good price idea? i'm in uk so would need to be able to get it over here.

also (which is partly why i chose this subforum) i once did a tile clean for a local guy, and i really enjoyed it. we priced it at a steal as it was a friend of a friend but i think it's something i'd very much like to get into, however i have no expeirence cleaning tiles professionally with machines. What i'd like to know is what people use, and if steam cleaning is one way to clean tiles/grout then could i get one that'll work for my original needs as well as tile/grout cleaning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-27-2010, 04:52 AM

steam cleaning machine is good for cleaning but we can use pressure washing cleaning and use washing powder for carpet cleaning that best and affordable.
post #3 of Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM

We use Daimer steam cleaners. It works great on tile and grout and much more.

John,
www.omegacleaning.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-10-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimpy View Post
Yes Steam Cleaning is one of the best methods of cleaning.But using this method in proper way positively affects the carpet.Expert professional carpet cleaners solve your problem according to your choice.
That's right. But is it true that some machines soak the carpet?

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #5 of Old 12-23-2010, 01:50 PM

I have used the Desiderio and find that to be a great steam cleaner. It works great on carpets, autos and all hard surfaces. It features an excellent warranty and comes with tons of attachments. I definitely recommend it to everyone!

Amanda
http://www.discountcleaningproducts....arch=desiderio
post #6 of Old 12-23-2010, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Dupont View Post
That's right. But is it true that some machines soak the carpet?
machines don't soak the carpets just as a tap doesn't soak carpets, it's the operator that soaks them by using it incorrectly
post #7 of Old 12-29-2010, 09:19 AM

These machines do not offer sufficient pressure for degreasing applications. If you are dealing with heavy grease, you should opt for a steam pressure washer for best results.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #8 of Old 10-07-2011, 04:06 AM

I purchased the Desiderio and have been way more than satisfied with your product. Used it on a very dirty bathroom (used by teenagers) and it is now immaculate! Their machine is everything they say it is and more. Also used on a 30 year old carpet that a cat used as a bathroom. Along with your recommended spot cleaner, the carpet looks new, and better yet, THERE IS *NO* CAT ODOR!!!!!!!!!!!! This saved us the cost of a new carpet, which would have cost more than the machine
post #9 of Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
I purchased the Desiderio and have been way more than satisfied with your product. Used it on a very dirty bathroom (used by teenagers) and it is now immaculate! Their machine is everything they say it is and more. Also used on a 30 year old carpet that a cat used as a bathroom. Along with your recommended spot cleaner, the carpet looks new, and better yet, THERE IS *NO* CAT ODOR!!!!!!!!!!!! This saved us the cost of a new carpet, which would have cost more than the machine
is it worth trying?

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #10 of Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 PM

Go with the Desiderio, I think that will do what you are looking for.
post #11 of Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 AM

Steam vapor has also been cited as effective in killing dust mites in carpet, bedding, and upholstery.
post #12 of Old 05-10-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melijack View Post
Steam vapor has also been cited as effective in killing dust mites in carpet, bedding, and upholstery.
Steam vapor are the cleaners that are designed for professional use are better quality, stronger, and packed with many labor-saving features. When shopping for a such machine, check if the furnace has a life-time assurance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode