Tile and Grout Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-18-2012, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

Tile and Grout Cleaning

Tile and grout can be found in places like homes, industrial areas and commercial areas and the task of cleaning them is not an easier one.Tile cleaning machines are also capable of cleaning grout. Grout is relatively soft when compared to tile and grease and black mold can easily settle on it. Sometimes the stains might stick deep into the grout making it hard to remove and clean. Metal brushes and scrubbers should never be used as they can damage the grout. Steam cleaning machines are great for grout and tile cleaning as super heated steam is used to remove the grime. The sanitizing ability of steam cleaning machines makes it ideal for grout and tile cleaning. The effective tile cleaning machine is expected to clean the tiles and grout thoroughly and provide shine to the surface.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-21-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemicaldirect View Post
Tile and grout can be found in places like homes, industrial areas and commercial areas and the task of cleaning them is not an easier one.Tile cleaning machines are also capable of cleaning grout. Grout is relatively soft when compared to tile and grease and black mold can easily settle on it.
i agree
post #3 of Old 09-21-2012, 02:34 AM

Make your tile floor, wall or back-splash look like new with a careful cleaning. Natural tile and grout cleaning ingredients like vinegar and baking soda will not harm the environment or your family while removing stains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-29-2012, 03:12 AM

Thanks for sharing this information with us. i generally prefer to clean my tiles using natural methods and avoid using chemical solutions. A mixture of water and vinegar does all my work.
post #5 of Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophielaura View Post
Thanks for sharing this information with us. i generally prefer to clean my tiles using natural methods and avoid using chemical solutions. A mixture of water and vinegar does all my work.
really?
post #6 of Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 AM

Generally, tile and grout cleaning is done using bleach and it really helps to clean natural stone, tile, grout, or other hard surfaces in your home or business. Most of the persons use the manual cleaning but it is very difficult and time consuming technique.

Bench seating Components

Last edited by michaelvaugan; 11-28-2012 at 03:36 AM.
post #7 of Old 09-28-2013, 04:34 PM

I really liked this*information.
post #8 of Old 10-01-2013, 01:40 AM

Cleaning the grout in your tile features doesn’t have to involve hours of tedious scrubbing with a toothbrush.

Rinse & Dry method
Use some non toxic chemical so that they don't make your tile yellowish

• Oxygen bleach mixed with warm water
  • A solution of baking soda and vinegar that when combined both eats away at dirt and grime and acts as a scrubbing agent
  • Hydrogen peroxide for a whitening effect
You have to do some scrubbing in your grout to activate the cleansers and get at tough stains.
post #9 of Old 10-18-2013, 03:30 PM

Great information
post #10 of Old 01-09-2014, 10:48 AM

We use several methods and chemicals depending on the tile and the environement. (No acids around stainless steel or natural stone)
post #11 of Old 01-10-2014, 04:20 AM

Tile and Grout cleaning

It is not only difficult to clean grime but also black mold from the tiles, as the mold tends to settle in the gaps and then regrow.metal scrubbers could be hard on the tiles and so something soft has to be used to remove the grime and the mold.Natural ingredients like vinegar and baking soda could be useful as they do not harm the tiles and the grout.A soft toothbrush could be used to root out the black mold.
post #12 of Old 02-07-2014, 08:53 AM

Have you heard of Kaivac before? We have created a method of cleaning that enables you to remove soils from the floor instead of moving them around with a mop. Our system removes soils and actually leaves the floor dry, eliminating time spent waiting around and leaving the floor much cleaner and safer than other methods.

Check out our new OmniFlex system specifically designed to be flexible for all floor types. Very good price for all it does... MSRP $699 for the whole system. You can also buy tools and chemicals in our online store, Kaivac.com

Disclaimer: I work in Kaivac's Marketing Dept.
post #13 of Old 02-14-2014, 12:16 AM

Smile

hie,
This is classique chemdry, we handle Carpet and other Household cleaning. WE provide professional cleaning services in Canberra and surrounding suburbs; catering to carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, rug cleaning, spot removal, pet urine odor removal, water damage restoration & fire damage.

Visit our Website at: classiquechemdry.com.au
post #14 of Old 02-23-2014, 04:02 PM

What best way to clean marble tiles?

We think it’s important to provide skilled and experienced personnel so our work is always of the highest standard. Corona Cleaning
We are a family business, we have several years of experience and we can clean your house, office or apartment and we do it reliably and on time
post #15 of Old 03-24-2014, 02:19 AM

Tile and grout cleaning

Tile-whether it's used as flooring, in the kitchen as a backsplash or for counters, or in the bathroom — has one great downfall: grout. Since grout is porous in nature, unsealed grout absorbs all kinds of stains, from mildew to coffee and everything in between. To say it's a headache to keep grout clean is an understatement.
You can clean tile grout without scrubbing, but the products you'd need to use contain some pretty harsh chemicals. If a simple and nontoxic method were available, it would be the best thing since sliced bread. In reality, a combined regimen is needed to keep your grout ship shape.

For more details visit us at: classiquechemdry.com.au
post #16 of Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM

Norwex cleaning paste and tile floor mop are amazing at getting out stains. The cleaning paste is all natural and the mop uses water. It is safe for everyone and cleans it without much elbow grease! I have a degree in mechanical engineering and was amazed at the testing results of Norwex and at the results of using it on my own! The cleaning paste typically lasts a household 1-2 years and cleans literally EVERYTHING. Doesn't scratch, can clean carpet, upholstery and is a miracle worker on stove and ovens. The mop pad lasts 10 years with proper care and has a money back guarantee. Message me for a link. And you don't have to breath in toxic fumes!

And no, I am not selling snake oil. An ER did an independant test and to pass inspections it could leave no more than 257ppm of bacteria, Norwex left 49ppm. There are also many news stories comparing Norwex to other microfibers and it excels!
post #17 of Old 10-07-2014, 01:22 PM

thank you great article
post #18 of Old 10-21-2014, 07:20 AM

Thanks for sharing such a great tip the cleaning of tiles and grout always become a hard work to do
post #19 of Old 01-13-2015, 10:32 AM

How to clean ceramic tile and grout

To clean ceramic tile, after I vacuum the floor well, I use nothing but distilled white vinegar to clean it.

I hope this information helps.
post #20 of Old 01-14-2015, 09:57 AM

A Tool You Never Thought of for House Cleaning

We have all seen and heard of the Dremel tool. Its awesome oscillating motion cuts, sands, grinds, removes grout, chisels and much, much more, but, of all the jobs the Dremel can do, it is not the tool for house cleaning. In fact, as the handy hardware gadget is it makes messes.

But, what if I told you there was a tool for house cleaning that works like the Dremel tool but is way less expensive and that you probably already have it in your home? Well, there is.

Read article:

http://www.cleanwithasmile.blogspot....-cleaning.html

Tags
bathtub refinishing , tile refinishing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode