Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

what to use on marble tile?

13K views 24 replies 22 participants last post by  PedroAndres82 
#1 ·
I have an account that has some type of marble tile or whatever it's called. It's not some cheap tile, it's a black shiny tile.
Well I usually mop the the floors with neutral cleaner, but in this case a neutral cleaner leaves some kind of streaks on this particular tile. The bucket is clean and the mop is clean, so that's not the case. Also I wring the mop very good so it doesn't have excess water on it. But still after mopping I can see some streaks on the floor.
Did you guys have anything like that? What product should I use on the floor like that?

#2 ·
The structure of marble can be easily ruined if you use the wrong cleaners. Avoid soaps and cleaners that contain acids and alkalies. These will etch the tile surfaces. Etched tiles spoil the beauty of your rooms. You should also avoid household products such as vinegar, lemon juice and ammonia. Other cleaners to avoid include bathroom, tile and grout cleaners. These contain abrasives that cause scratches on the tiles. In most cases, all that is needed is plain warm water.

#7 ·
Hello

There is simple Remedy to clan the marbles floor:-

While hot water is by far the best choice when you wipe a marble floor, where water is not sufficient to maintain the desired level of cleaning, is a small amount of ammonia added to water to make a very dilute solution. Similarly, neutral pH detergent rarely used in a detergent. Cleaning products for consumption must be avoided if you want to take care of your marble floors.

#8 ·
Yes you do have to be careful what you use on marble. Many times water alone is not sufficient. There are many cleaners available for use on calcite stones like marble, limestone, travertine. This Old Grout Stone Prep is an excellent cleaner for soiled marble and is safe. Stone Care International makes some very good products also. MBstonecare has some great products.

Using just water will pick up some soil, but you are really just moving the soil around on the surface. Modernstonecare.com has a variety of products for use on stone.

#15 ·
what to use on marble

Any alkaline cleaner will work on any natural marble surface for cleaning except if the floor has been crystalized. Then the process changes, acids are only used as part of the polishing process, but even then must be properly neutralized so they don't affect the tiles.

#19 ·
I am curious how this ended up for you, shoot us a follow up when you are done with it. I have not done much marble sealing (mostly tile and grout and carpet cleaning around here) but I was just thinking of taking a stone class from my local supplier. We went in the other day and got the whole run down on penetrating sealers and everything for granite and marble. It is a market I would really like to explore in the future, so I would love to hear how it works out for you.

#21 ·
There are many everyday cleaners made for marbles. Stone pro, stone tech, just to name a few good ones. For more thorough deep cleaning us professionals use an alkaline cleaner and an acid powder to clean and then polish the stone back to it's original perfection. Our company tile and grout cleaning orange county offers these services and many others as well. But for everyday tile and grout or stone maintenance look to the above mentioned products.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.