30,000 sq ft home Construction Cleaning ... any recommendations on how to bid? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

30,000 sq ft home Construction Cleaning ... any recommendations on how to bid?

We are an established Construction Cleaning company in Houston Texas. Today we bid a 30,000 sq ft home. As you can imagine ... it was a little overwhelming! I would assume the best way to bill this would be per hour. Has anyone ever cleaned a house this big? Any recommendations on process/bidding/billing/supplies etc? Anything help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-16-2012, 05:35 AM

Hi there,
I want to say you best of luck for your first deal as you are dealing first time. According to me first of all you should plan that in which manner you will clean house. Because proper planning is necessary otherwise you can't get success. It will be good for you if you have an expert team with you once you will succeed then automatically client will contact to you.
post #3 of Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

30,000 Sq Feet??? My goodness that's a HUGE home! Who lives there, the governor or some kind of celebrity?!?! I wouldn't suggest trying to clean thta sucker for a flat fee at all. I am guessing there is probably not many rooms that even see any USE in that property.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 AM

in house cleaning, crews who specialize in carpet cleaning, window cleaning, tile and natural stone cleaning and sealing and other special services, and night crews who specialize in commercial office cleaning.
post #5 of Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM

This post is*very*informative.*Thank you!
post #6 of Old 04-01-2017, 11:14 PM

We are located in Sydney Australia and do construction cleaning for homes as large as the one you mention on a regular basis (around 1 per month). You just need to price it the same way you price any other job and not be intimidated by the size. The way we do it is to break down the home down into the number of bathrooms, rooms, joinery, windows etc and price it accordingly.

Make sure you price it properly and don't discount your rates just because it's a big job. Profitability for us and quality for the customer is the key to running a long term successful business.
There are plenty of amateurs who go in at rock bottom prices only to realize half way through the job that they didn't allow enough time for the job and have to start cutting corners.

It's always funny when a builder who originally told us we were too expensive compared to the competition calls us up again weeks later and starts begging us to go in to finish the job since the cheaper cleaners they awarded the job to couldn't do it properly. It happens way more than you think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode