Back pack vacuums - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-01-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Back pack vacuums

Anyone have one? Recommendations? I am going to use it to final clean after the drywall finishers are done just ahead of the painters. I need to do the bottoms of the walls and all the electric outlets. I want something that will last and can be used with disposable bags. Unless there is a better system I don't know about.

Here is what I am looking at.
Rubbermaid Commercial 9VBH10 10 Quart HEPA Backpack Vacuum Cleaner, 8A Power, 11-1/2" Depth x 13" Width x 27-19/32" Height

Or this one maybe....
Hoover® Vacuum Cleaners; Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial Backpack Cleaning System

Sorry I am not able to use links yet.

If you know of something better please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

I am disappointed there has been no response to my post but I guess I can't say I am surprised. I have been at this awhile now and have yet to see anyone using a backpack vacuum on a job site.

I can always flip a coin I suppose.
post #3 of Old 04-27-2014, 11:54 PM

I wish I had some advice for you, I have been debating over a backpack vacuum for quite a while. Still can't decide though.

Easy Clean Toronto - Your Cleaning Services Toronto | Google+ | Book Online
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

I bought the Hoover HOV C2401-010 Shoulder Vac Pro Commercial Back Pack.

I looked all over and I got the best price here.

marbeck.com/hoover-hov-c2401-010-shoulder-vac-pro-commercial-back-pack-with-tools-and-attachments/

It fills up faster then I would like but you could suck start a Harley with it I think.

I found it to be a great supplement for my large floor model shop vac but not a replacement. It is much faster to use on stairs and trim. Normal dust use would be different I am sure but I am dealing with drywall dust. So your experience might differ.
post #5 of Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 PM

The best in my opinion is the Tornado Pac-Vac System, They come in 6 & 10 quart sizes. I can say from personal experience that they work great, use disposable bags and are constructed well. I got mine at Facility Solutions Group the website is facilitysi .com. Can't post links yet sorry. Best price around and the staff is very knowledgeable about their products. The harness on the Pac-Vac is made by Deuter, the company that makes legit hiking packs and gear harnesses. If your still looking, Check them out for sure.
post #6 of Old 10-03-2014, 03:29 PM

Besides Hoover and Tornado, are there any other good brands which produce backpack vacuum cleaners?
post #7 of Old 10-17-2014, 01:26 PM

I have a Perfect Backpack HEPA vac and just bought a Proteam Super Coach backpack both are 6qt.
perfect model the button lock on the wands have broken 2x so have to buy new wands or a wand with a button lock. I do like the fact that I'm not stuck with just the Perfect Brand of vacuum bags, oreck bags fit also. The unit is quiet and has good suction. The on/off switch velcros to the harness and falls off easily.
The Proteam model. it has several nice features such as a cord loop to hold the cord near the on/off switch. The harness system seems to be more comfortable than the Perfect. The bags are a triangle shape so probably stuck with Proteam bags. The unit seems a little noisier than the Perfect. The wands use a nut type of connector rather than the button lock used by Perfect. Amazon has/had the Proteam on sale.
Brad bdjanitorial.com
post #8 of Old 10-18-2014, 02:47 AM

Try to make an costs analisys on both continental versions

Why don't you try to search on Amazon or Ebay an european HEPA vacuum cleaner. I tried both continental HEPA backpack vacuum cleaner and the european equipment is more efficient on business cots. I don't give names but you can try german's products.
post #9 of Old 10-22-2014, 07:29 PM

backpacks I like the Proteam Super Coach 6 qt. I have Windsor & Sebo upright vacuums, like the Sebo which seems to be a knock off or copy of the Windsor. Brad
post #10 of Old 11-30-2014, 01:37 PM

We use and are mostly satisfied with the Proteam Super Coach backpack vacuum cleaner. We're also looking for a handheld for larger areas, but haven't found the perfect one yet.
post #11 of Old 12-23-2014, 05:23 PM

any new backpacks

Are there any new noteworthy backpacks nowadays? Let's say something that would worth for a self Christmas present?
post #12 of Old 12-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Chrisc
Just bought a Super Coach 6 made by proteam. The unit has some extra features such as a cord holder by the housing. It seems to be pretty quiet and the cord that comes with it seems to be a lot better than the cord that came with my Perfect backpack.
The only negatives I think of the bags are a triangle shape so finding knock off's is harder and the filters seem to be unique to the unit.
Brad bdjanitorial.com
post #13 of Old 02-18-2015, 02:05 PM

I bought 2 back pack vacuums thinking they would be better and easier, I don't recommend buying one as they are really expensive and they break down easily, Also they don't pick up as well as commercial vacuums. I recommend investing your money in a shop vac and a commercial vacuum trust me.
post #14 of Old 02-19-2015, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanes3824 View Post
I bought 2 back pack vacuums thinking they would be better and easier, I don't recommend buying one as they are really expensive and they break down easily, Also they don't pick up as well as commercial vacuums. I recommend investing your money in a shop vac and a commercial vacuum trust me.
I love mine except for how fast it fills. What brand did you get?
post #15 of Old 02-19-2015, 07:56 PM

I use windsor,they aren't cheap but I still have everyone of them that I bought.

I have replaced some of the brush rollers and a few hoses,also a few cords (employees run over then...grrrr)
However I have not had to replace a single fan or motor and these things are 15-20 years old or more.

In the early days (35 years ago) I bought the cheapest vacs I could get my hands on as I didn't want to spend $500-$800
for a vacuum,but they pay for themselves in savings of time and money.

Having a vac break down when you are on a job is no laughing matter.You are stuck with running to the store and buying one to get the job completed.

If you can only squeeze out the money for one...do it! and then add as you can. Good equipment is worth the $$$'s

http://selz.co/1Eq7peH
post #16 of Old 08-31-2015, 06:05 PM

This is great!
post #17 of Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 AM

1844 junk rat is a big junk removal company in New jersy.They deals in all type of junk and trash removal.
post #18 of Old 02-27-2016, 07:02 AM

Great info.. I have never used one, but now know what to look for when I start shopping.
post #19 of Old 07-18-2016, 06:29 AM

Top 5 Backpack Vacuum Cleaners:
1. Hoover C2401 Shoulder Vac Pro
2. ProTeam Super Coach HEPA
3. Sanitaire EUKSC412A
4. Pro-Team MegaVac
5. Oreck XLPRO6A XL 6 Quart
post #20 of Old 07-30-2016, 05:17 PM

ProTeam Super Coach has been working for me thus far.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode