Cleaning marble tile floor - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-05-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Cleaning marble tile floor

Last year we installed a natural marble floor. From the beginning there has been some cloudiness on some of the tile. I have used all kinds of products that were suppose to take the cloudy residue off but nothing has helped. If you touch the tile you it's very smooth. So it's not like any kind of buildup. I noticed today that it just seems to be on the tile where we walk. The others are still shine a glassy looking. What could this be and how do we clean it?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-08-2011, 04:35 AM

I can't figure out what could the stain be.. But I can warn you not to use vinegar or other acidic solutions on marble surfaces as such may cause serious damages..

post #3 of Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 PM

probably need to polish the stone. natural marble doesn't have that shine you're after but does in tile when it's honed/polished. it's kind of like buffing a car but vids are on youtube. you would use 2000-3000 grit diamond polishing wheels and go over the tile. it will bring your shine back. then make sure you reseal the tile.

carpet cleaning hillsboro oregon and the surrounding portland metro area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-26-2012, 05:48 AM

There is a technology to cleaning floors that has been used since the 1930's to maintain hardwood floors that can be equally well used for marble floors. In a nutshell, that technology calls for the homeowner to cover the floor with a sacrificial coating of some sort (think "floor wax") that can be renewed periodically to restore the floor to it's original condition. That is, shoe leather never touches the marble cuz there's always a layer of something between the two that wears out instead.
post #5 of Old 03-31-2012, 03:37 AM

In my view it will be the best option to polish the stone. Though there are various cleaning process and technologies are available, which can be helpful way with cleaning. Natural marble does not have the shine look. So that polishing option will be the good way to make it clean.

Street Sweeping
post #6 of Old 05-27-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullen Adams View Post
In Australia there is a company called Spirit Tile & Marble Care who have some specialty cleaning products for marble. Try and find an equivalent company in the states or whatever country you live in.
It is a very important that we should find out cleaning product country wise but i would like to recommend for vanish tile cleaner because it is works very effectively. As per my view, it is available in every country.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode