Construction Clean up quote advice . Rough and Final Clean Question - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of Old 11-19-2013, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
cleanpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Myers , Florida
Posts: 5
Construction Clean up quote advice . Rough and Final Clean Question

Im placing a bid today on a fairly large construction cleanup job in south florida. I was wondering if a price of .15/ sq ft + 5/window sounds correct.
This job is 12,500 sq ft with 18 windows/glass doors. I dont want to lose this bid but I dont want to underbid it either. Im planning on hiring a crew of four and I believe the Rough will take 2 work days and one day for the final a week later.
Also not sure if the .15 would cover the rough and final or If I should estimate it seperately. Any info would be great ! Thanks
cleanpro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of Old 11-19-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
cleanpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Myers , Florida
Posts: 5
Btw this isnt my first const cleanup job. the first one that i did was priced at .10/sq ft and I think that was underbid as it took alot longer than anticipated.
the dust was a nightmare to get of the wood laminate floor. any suggestions in a simple procedure for that ? I was just filling up mop buckets for what seemed like forever with water and kept wringing the mops till i felt the dust was gone...
my experience is in the janitorial side of the business so this const. cleanup stuff was a bit overwhelming .
cleanpro is offline  
post #3 of Old 11-20-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
cleanpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Myers , Florida
Posts: 5
awesome advice .... love it
cleanpro is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of Old 11-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Miami Dade Florida
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanpro View Post
Btw this isnt my first const cleanup job. the first one that i did was priced at .10/sq ft and I think that was underbid as it took alot longer than anticipated.
the dust was a nightmare to get of the wood laminate floor. any suggestions in a simple procedure for that ? I was just filling up mop buckets for what seemed like forever with water and kept wringing the mops till i felt the dust was gone...
my experience is in the janitorial side of the business so this const. cleanup stuff was a bit overwhelming .
Hi i am new in construction cleaning too. I do janitorial service but now im trying construction. So far did you do well with the .15 ct pr sf?
bptotalcleaning is offline  
post #5 of Old 06-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 18
I would go higher than that--$0.20/sq ft at least. You want to be sure you make enough--and don't lose if you underestimated part of a job or if something came up that you have to buy more equipment/chemicals and/or spend more hours on the job.
forthehalibut is offline  
post #6 of Old 06-25-2015, 02:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Broward county ( Florida) - USA
Posts: 43
Professional Carpet Systems of Fort Lauderdale services are happy to announce that the company offers full time Water Damage Restoration services. Water damage measures are the company’s responsibility.

When discussing the havocs of water damages, one of the team members said that any kind of water damage at home is not a nice feeling. It causes several problems to the furnishings, building and with a person’s belongings. http://www.pcsfortlauderdale.com/water-damage.php
pcsfortlauderdale is offline  
post #7 of Old 07-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
Construction Cleaning High Rise Window Cleaning

I started out in construction cleaning over 40 years ago now.

There is alot to learn,and some of it is best learned from someone who has been there.
Learning the hard way can get you into serious trouble.

http://selz.co/1CK1Nua
Lorster is offline  
post #8 of Old 04-18-2016, 05:42 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Hi all,

My company is presently into commercial cleaning and I would love to go into construction cleaning. I need an advice on what relevant equipments and tools I need to acquire for construction cleaning.
thanks
femides is offline  
post #9 of Old 04-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Anyone knows what's the construction clean up rate ,2nd and 3rd phases , here in Utah? Thanks!
Cleanclean is offline  
post #10 of Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
Cleanclean

Their is not a specific rate.No 2 scenarios are the same,which is why so many of
you are getting into trouble with this type of work.
The price is going to depend on what you have already completed,what the customer wanted initially as well as how the job is getting wrapped up.
If you are providing square foot prices when someone calls you, you will be in trouble from the first job you take.
http://selz.co/1MugaHl
Lorster is offline  
post #11 of Old 04-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
I heard that it depends of where we are located. Is it true?
Cleanclean is offline  
post #12 of Old 04-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 111
It can depend on where you live,but you have to know what you are pricing
and if you ask the question from others about the pricing in your area,that's only going to get you so far, more importantly it can get you into serious trouble,and will if you follow it.

Take for example a car purchase-there's a real difference in price from a camero with standard equipment and a bentley with standard equipment.
They are both vehicles with 4 wheels, doors, motors, and they both perform the same function.
But the difference in the price tag is 3 to 4 times as much.
When I see people asking for square footage numbers I see people that do not have a clue what they are doing or getting themselves into.
Square footage prices are only good for specific applications, NOT for most construction cleaning.
When you go into a general contractors office,one of the first questions out of their mouth is "what do you charge by the square foot"? why?
Because most of these guys are no good and I'm talking about character.
They want to see you be so naive and stupid that you would actually answer that question.
You should never answer that question,ever.
This is not how you get construction cleaning contracts,but this forum is loaded with people that are doing just that and getting ripped off everyday.
magicleanmaid likes this.
Lorster is offline  
post #13 of Old 04-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 3
Thank you, Loster!
Cleanclean is offline  
post #14 of Old 05-03-2016, 01:17 AM
Member
 
MDM Cleaning & Sanitizing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Utah
Posts: 39
Let me tell you we never do two cleans only a final at $0.25 a Sq and if they need us back its $0.10 dont let those cheap contractors rip you off if they want quality thats what they pay I explain to them if they want **** work then hire someone else and see if the word of mouth hurts their business.
MDM Cleaning & Sanitizing is offline  
post #15 of Old 03-14-2017, 08:38 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
A Mop And A Broom

Hello I hope my text find you well, can anyone share their opinion with me, I'm in Michigan, Currently I'm bidding on 3 buildings all three the same 102,000 sq. ft. each. myself I'm going with $0.25 a sq. ft. is that to much. for a rough clean/ post clean

Last edited by Geronimoe; 03-15-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Geronimoe is offline  
post #16 of Old 03-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Hello I hope my text find you well, can anyone share their opinion with me, I'm in Michigan, Currently I'm bidding on 3 buildings all three the same 102,000 sq. ft. each. myself I'm going with $0.25 a sq. ft. is that to much. for a rough clean/ post clean . And it has many windows. not shure if I'm placing this in the write place, but someone let me know how to post please. Lol

Last edited by Geronimoe; 03-15-2017 at 02:59 PM.
Geronimoe is offline  
post #17 of Old 03-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Hello I hope my text find you well, can anyone share their opinion with me, I'm in Michigan, Currently I'm bidding on 3 buildings all three the same 102,000 sq. ft. each. myself I'm going with $0.25 a sq. ft. is that to much. for a rough clean/ post clean . And it has many windows. not shure if I'm placing this in the write place, but someone let me know how to post please. Lol
Geronimoe is offline  
post #18 of Old 11-18-2017, 10:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorster View Post
It can depend on where you live,but you have to know what you are pricing
and if you ask the question from others about the pricing in your area,that's only going to get you so far, more importantly it can get you into serious trouble,and will if you follow it.

Take for example a car purchase-there's a real difference in price from a camero with standard equipment and a bentley with standard equipment.
They are both vehicles with 4 wheels, doors, motors, and they both perform the same function.
But the difference in the price tag is 3 to 4 times as much.
When I see people asking for square footage numbers I see people that do not have a clue what they are doing or getting themselves into.
Square footage prices are only good for specific applications, NOT for most construction cleaning.
When you go into a general contractors office,one of the first questions out of their mouth is "what do you charge by the square foot"? why?
Because most of these guys are no good and I'm talking about character.
They want to see you be so naive and stupid that you would actually answer that question.
You should never answer that question,ever.
This is not how you get construction cleaning contracts,but this forum is loaded with people that are doing just that and getting ripped off everyday.
Thanks Lobster.

I am just putting my business off the ground with construction clean up, I understanding you to say sq foot pricing isn't the best way for this type of business. Do you have a cheat sheet price list by service, you would like to share? Please don't be like some that want us to buy the book before actually helping us get an idea. we all seems to be in different areas of the world. I am located in NC.
magicleanmaid likes this.
Lacewell1127 is offline  
post #19 of Old 11-18-2017, 05:17 PM
Member
 
magicleanmaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 43
Great topic.
Since I'm in the Residential cleaning business and now looking forward to building my Commercial cleaning as well. I would like to know some details. What would I need for building my Commercial cleaning? Like any certificates? Or any special types of equipment?

Thank you
magicleanmaid is offline  
post #20 of Old 11-20-2017, 01:06 AM
Junior Member
 
EvolvedMaintenance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5
Construction Clean Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanclean View Post
Anyone knows what's the construction clean up rate ,2nd and 3rd phases , here in Utah? Thanks!
Hi,

For any queries about building maintenance or janitorial services call us at: (949) 556-8896.

Thanks!
EvolvedMaintenance is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rough Clean vs Final Cleaning: Please Explain Happy_Homes Construction Clean Up 18 10-06-2017 10:00 AM
Pricing Const.Clean-Rough & Final HomecleanMiami Construction Clean Up 7 10-04-2017 12:50 PM
bidding out a government job.Final clean MarknAmy2112 Commercial Cleaning 3 09-28-2013 04:23 PM
Newbie! residential rough/final clean??? britanie New Member Introductions 0 12-09-2008 09:23 AM
Rough Clean Per Sq' $ Sir Construction Clean Up 1 12-21-2007 06:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome