Do you have a preffered set of equipment for construction clean up jobs? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-06-2015, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Do you have a preffered set of equipment for construction clean up jobs?

I've been into home cleaning for at least 4 years now and we sometimes get calls from companies that need cleaning after a renovation/construction. I see this as an opportunity to spread my wings and maybe tackle new challenges. Do you guys have a preffered set of equipment / chemicals to take on construction clean up jobs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-13-2015, 08:57 PM

Shop Vacs

I don't usually do construction clean up, but when I do I always bring a Shop Vac.
post #3 of Old 01-30-2015, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjanacone View Post
I don't usually do construction clean up, but when I do I always bring a Shop Vac.
Yeah, it turns out the vacuum we use for residential cleaning is nowhere near enough for a construction cleaning job. We definitely need more power and an easier way to transport excess construction materials to somewhere else. Dust is really heavy too and I got some sort of wood shavings in my eye when I was vacuuming. I guess a protective glasses would be a good investment.

-Paul

__________________________________________________ _______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-18-2015, 02:00 PM

Yes usually we take, dust mop, buckets, vacuum, ladders, rags, mop bucket, dusting pan, magic erasers for the window frame marks, simple green, restroom equipment, and other misc. stuff.
post #5 of Old 03-01-2015, 09:05 AM

Hot-water pressure washing is ideal for cleaning accumulated grease and debris from tools, trucks, heavy equipment and other construction vehicles. You need to clean to impress!
post #6 of Old 03-02-2015, 10:28 PM

We use the same equipment and chemicals that we normally use except we add a shop-vac, putty knife to scrape up plaster, glue etc, power washer for exterior cleaning and a heavy push broom.
post #7 of Old 04-06-2015, 03:37 AM

yes. it turns out the vacuum we use for residential and commercial cleaning is now here near enough for a construction cleaning job. and
usually we take, dust mop, buckets, vacuum, ladders, rags, mop bucket, dusting pan, magic erasers for the window frame marks, simple green, restroom equipment, and other misc. stuff.
post #8 of Old 05-07-2015, 02:04 PM

Shop vac, scrapers, dust mop for floors and walls , buckets, micro fiber rags, stripwasher and squeegee
post #9 of Old 05-08-2015, 03:34 AM

Yes, definitely one should be more fully equipped when doing a post construction clean due to the heavy layer of dust and all construction debris.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Belgravia
post #10 of Old 06-17-2015, 09:52 PM

Agreed with the stand lists for cleaning as described above. I like my Ridgid shop-vac--very durable and lifetime warrantee!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode