first commercial construction bid too high? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

first commercial construction bid too high?

Hi ya'll,

I put in a bid for my first 'commercial' construction cleanup job. Its for a final clean only and indoors.

The facility is a single story office building. Its about 8,000 sf
and has 37 windows and 5 glass doors.

I faxed a bid yesterday for $1702 This is at my .20 cents sf rate and $5 each for windows/glass doors (inside & out). Others specs of the job include:

The usual removal of debris/trash, walls, baseboards, vents & light fixtures, doors/frames/ hardware, etc.

Sanitizing - (when its safe on the material, I sanitize all 'highly touched' surfaces): bathrooms, of course (including stall walls/doors), kitchen plumbing fixtures, etc.. but also cabinetry, countertops, plug & light switch covers, doorknobs.

Vacuuming/ sweep & mop carpet/floors.

Sweeping the outdoor walkways (along the front & one whole side of this building)

They also want the carpets steam cleaned (5309 sf) = one day rental for shampooer (about $30 cost)

The builders have left the place pretty clean - mainly just removing labels and microdust for the most part. There is a file 'room' (about 16 x 12') with those tall rolling file dividers that will have to be dusted ( about 5 with appx. 100 + file slots per side), but
the whole place shouldn't take over a few days to clean and I'd make a
really nice profit.

Does this bid sound appropriate for this job or does commercial usually go for less than residential?

My cleaning business is 'green' cleaning only (from day one)and it is stated in the bid. The the building is just down the road from me. I'm hoping this may help me get the job ....

Thanks,

Chell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 PM

commercial

I charge about ten percent less.
post #3 of Old 06-16-2008, 06:46 PM

Commercial is generally less.

Pricing does depend somewhat on where you are located so you might be ok or you could be too high
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-02-2012, 03:36 AM

I think they charge high for the quality and brand .
post #5 of Old 12-26-2012, 01:48 PM

That is a big one for Commercial I would have charged less. Although it depends how you pitch it, if you're products are high quality then so should the price.
post #6 of Old 07-23-2013, 11:07 AM

Thank you for the*informative*posts.
post #7 of Old 02-26-2014, 08:32 AM

very well said. prices will depends how big the cleaning is
post #8 of Old 08-26-2015, 02:58 AM

I dont know alot about doing estimates but if you get that job thats a nice profit! I dont think there are lot of people here in commercial cleaning.

rubbish removal Melbourne
post #9 of Old 10-04-2015, 12:55 AM

I agree they charge for big brand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode