Got my first 'commercial' cleanup job! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-01-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Got my first 'commercial' cleanup job!

Hi y'all,

I just finished my first commercial building....

Its a 4700 sf office building with 47 windows and glass wall panels & doors. I charged .20 cents sf and $5 per window (in & out).
Turns out I had to clean with other contractors still trying to finish up-the 'walk through' with the owners was in just a few days- but the supervisor (and other contractors) were really cool and promised everyone working behind me would clean up after themselves...I managed to get everything cleaned (including spot cleaning carpets).
It took a total of 29 hours to complete - some of those windows were HUGE and NASTY- I only averaged about 4 per hour, but the actual 'building cleaning' average was over 275 sf per hour. I'm guessing that's pretty decent for my first commercial job. And even with the jobsite being 58 miles away (116 mile round trip) I still made a nice profit after expenses.

The company's supervisor seemed impressed with the results. I hope to land more jobs with this company. There's also a company building three new fire dept. buildings and working on all four schools in our district - I hope to land jobs with them too!!!

Happy Trails,
Chell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 PM

Congratulations! You will find that once you do one and do a good job on it more will follow. Word of mouth is the best advertising. Also, the more you do the faster you get. You learn all the tricks and techniques. The first one we ever did took forever but now we can do them much faster. Did you have to do it by yourself or did you have help? Good luck to ya!

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #3 of Old 06-03-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Hi Kendra and thanks for the info...

I'm still doing all of the work alone so far. I don't want to get into hiring employees.... right now I have a few family members that would like to help occassionally, but I'm not ready to 'contract' folks yet either...I really hate the paperwork end of the job and the less paperwork the better right now.
Chell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Congratulations Chell!

I hope you took before and after pictures... They're a great tool to show prospective clients!

Elliot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode