Help with a quote - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-05-2008, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Cool Help with a quote

We are doing apartment construction cleaning. The construction supervisior asked up to put in a quote for extra cleaning. Brad (my husband) measure the areas as 5ft x 2'6"ft (two of them) and another 9 ft x 8 ft.
I have always broke it down to sq ft in inches (12"). Brad does it in ft. we both come up with different answers. He says mine is to high; I think his is too low. Example:
2 rooms are 5 x 2.6 and the other is 9 x 8; which equal 5 x 5 and 9 x 8.

He wants to take the 5 x 5 and times that by what we are charging for sq ft which is .18 cents this equals $4.50 and the 9 x 8 would be $12.96.

Me on the other hand is breaking it down to inches which would be 60" x 24.6" times 2 (because there are two of them) which would equal 169" x .18 = 30.42 and the other 9 x 8 would equal 108 + 96 = 204 x .18 = 36.72.

Could you tell me who would be right and why?
Thanks Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-06-2008, 10:03 AM

why don't you just charge by the hour on the small stuff?
post #3 of Old 05-06-2008, 05:42 PM

For post construction we charge by the square foot. But for something so small I would either charge by the hour or a flat rate. We don't leave the house for less than $60. By the time you factor in gas and other over head it just isn't worth it.

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
HCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendra View Post
We don't leave the house for less than $60. By the time you factor in gas and other over head it just isn't worth it.
QFT.

Gas prices, and consequently everything else, are getting more expensive everyday. Main thing is that you quote a price that is going to make it worth it for you. Factor in things such as supplies, gas, labor hours at a rate you will not be kicking yourself later for low balling, etc. Reasonableness is the key, of course. Cover your assets, while providing value for your customer.

Edit:
By the way, if you were going to go by the sq. ft., you would have to convert the inches back to feet before figuring the charge. But as previous post put it, going by the sq. foot would probably not be the way to go for such small stuff. Consider perhaps a minimum charge.

Last edited by HCS; 05-07-2008 at 10:56 PM.
post #5 of Old 05-10-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for your input. It used to be easier than this at one time. Sorry I didn't get to these replies sooner but I've been working trying to finish our construction cleaning. We have until May 15th to finish these apartment complex. Feels good to work hard at your own business.
I will discuss this with my husband.
Thank you all again
Diane

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode