Here is some pebble tile installation I collect on the Intenet for installation and T
Here is some pebble tile installation I collect on the Intenet for installation and Tips.
1. With the trowel, apply the thinset evenly on the desired area.
2. Lay the pebble tiles down, interlocking each tile on all sides.
3. To fit a tile in a space too small for a whole tile, cut the mesh which hold the pebbles together. You can also remove individual pebbles to fill empty spaces.
4. Once complete, allow at least 24 hours for the thinset to dry before grouting.
5. Apply a coat of sealer to prevent the stone absorbing color from the grout.
6. Apply the grout with the grout float so that the grout is packed in all the space between the pebbles.
7. Allow the grout to set for up to 20 minutes. Then, with a wet sponge, clean the excess grout off the surface of the pebbles.
8. Continue to clean the grout residue with a clean sponge until desired pebble exposure is reached.
9. Allow 24 hours for the grout to dry completely then apply a coat of sealer over the grout and pebbles.
Here is some tips:
1. Sort the tiles before doing the installation. Generally, the tile thickness varies a little bit. It would be better to put together the tiles with similiar thickness at a adjacent area.
2. For the ceiling or wall, if motar is not strong enough to hold the tile, use sheet-rock screws or nails at the corners to hold the tiles.
3. After you fill grout to the pebble gap, to remove the excess grout, you can spray dry sufaces with a little water using mister to minimize grout sticking to the surface of pebbles.
Here is a company I found with a lowest price on Internet:
check the company www.discountpebbletiles.com. You can find the six different color pebble tiles starting only from $6.29/sft with free shipping. Let me know if you can find some other company with a lower price.