How to get property managers and owners.... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-10-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

How to get property managers and owners....

I am about to do telemarketing to property managers and owners about move in/ move out/ and apt. turnover cleans. Does anyone have any idea of what kind of script or approach I should use to spark their interest. Please help with information for phone or direct (face-to-face) approaches. Thanks and my name is Tammi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to wbell
This is an outline for the '30 second commercial' from the Sandler Insistute. It does work. Hack it up as needed.

List 3-5 pain points that are common among your customers and potential prospects.

Start by identifying yourself and your company.

Identify your typical clients:
We work with XYZ. People are attracted to our services when they are - insert pain points - . Use emotional words like 'frustrated', upset, concerned...

Finish with asking a question that requires a response.
Do you have these issues with your current service? Can we assist with removing these pain points from your day?

Example:
Good morning! I am Joe Smoe with XYZ. I work with vendor managers and decision makers who are concerned about the lack of service and results they get from their service provider; frustrated because they continue to have to manage vendors for lack of consistent results which keeps them from doing the rest of their job. I don't suppose any of these issues come up in your business?

Wil Bell
AllShine
Cleaning Services & Solutions
[email protected]
www.itallshines.com
post #3 of Old 05-21-2008, 11:38 PM

We tried doing the phone calls and got the response that they already had someone and they were not interested. The best thing for us that works for property management companies is marketing letters that I send out every quarter to all the same property mangement companies in our area. When they are having problems with their cleaning company we are the first they call because they always see my letters every quarter. We have landed most of our property management accounts this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-12-2008, 01:15 AM

Also Know when to call!!!!! YOu want to call on tues wed thur leave fri and mon to the other guys cause--- they are tring to get caught up fropm the weekend on mon and fri they are worried about going home also most (in my area) have HOA meetings on wed so cut it short on that day. Also keep in mind that they get alot of calls from others just like you so here is the question What seperates you from them? What problems can only you solve for them. if you can push an edge or a nich you can get their atten. but the same ol ol they have heard it about 500 more times

Hope this helps
post #5 of Old 08-11-2008, 12:23 PM

Whenever I'm soliciting cleaning clients, I usually use a call-mail approach.

First, I start with a list of potential commercial cleaning prospects. This can be either compiled or bought. Next, you write a very short point-form lead generation letter using the AIDA method. The points will mainly deal with problems associated with their current cleaners.

Then, I'll call in a week later to follow up by simply saying who I am, what I do, and how I can improve the process of keeping their office clean. This should start a discussion to get you the meeting with the cleaning prospect.
post #6 of Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM

Why does business people think that they can get a postive result out of a negative point? The client you are soliciting KNOWS THE PROBLEMS with thier current provider they don't need you to tell them. I have found this--- Do your Job right and keep your mouth shut---- then when all the na sayers come and try to tell your client what youa are NOT DOING then it goes where all the others go right in the trash!!!!!
post #7 of Old 08-30-2008, 03:22 AM

Does anyone just walk up to buildings in the middle of construction? Who do you ask for?
post #8 of Old 10-02-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOTLESS JANITORIAL View Post
Does anyone just walk up to buildings in the middle of construction? Who do you ask for?
I don't, but I write down new constructions as I pass them and I'll call/fax/e-mail them my information and if they're interested I schedule a time to meet at the job site.

But if I were to walk into a site, I would have to hope that the General Contractor, Builder or Owner is there. That's who I would look for.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode