how much to charge for a pos construction house of 6000 sq f? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-18-2011, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Question how much to charge for a pos construction house of 6000 sq f?

I live in massachusetts and got this construction cleaning i work for 3 days 11 hrs a day and hav 2 helpers the first 2 days and 3 on the last day, having a cost of $1000,00 for the help. We cleaned 56 windows in/out, power washed the porch and walk way, cleaned the attick sweept partial roof and i m not sure how much its fair to charge. Im thinking for each window charge $15,00 and for the attick $175,00 and for the house $4000,00 what do u guys thinking its that too much or too little?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-16-2011, 05:22 PM

you may want to consider an hourly rate instead of a per sq ft .... I have done a 10,000 sq ft house before with 6 employee's and we worked 17 hours for 2 days on each clean (Rough & Fina, not including windowsl) ... it was very hard and detailed but I learned a lot from it. Don't underbid this job because these big houses are a lot of work!
post #3 of Old 02-01-2012, 02:33 AM

Hi there,
According to me you should decide charges on per hour because it is efficient. A client can understand your strategies and will agree to give his cleaning project to you. When you decide cost by area then it will be costly for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-23-2014, 03:33 AM

Thank you*informed me.

Last edited by Otoredolo; 06-16-2014 at 06:30 AM.
post #5 of Old 11-07-2014, 09:00 AM

I get this all the time..."how much do you charge by the square foot"
Don't be quick to reply as many custom homes and larger offices have all sorts of things that they want cleaned,especially the high end homes.
They have crown molding at the ceiling,fancy woodwork that needs hand dusted at the ceilings,fancy chandeliers, built in book shelves in libraries and theaters
and on and on.
You really must walk the job and check it out,but most times many of the extras and goodies are not installed when you do your walk thru...cleaner beware!
Ask lots of questions.
I learned to read blueprints (construction drawings) many years ago and it has kept me from being stung.
As well it takes alot more time to clean tile than it does to vacuum carpet.
Ask questions...
https://www.ebookit.com/books/000000...Right-Way.html
post #6 of Old 11-11-2014, 01:44 PM

very informative. I am new doing construction cleaning and i learn a lot from these forums

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode