landing contracts - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

landing contracts

How do you guys make your contacts to be considered for post-construction jobs? I often read to speak with the super or construction manager, but where I am, neither of those people make decisions regarding rewarding contracts.

Each builder is different, sometimes it's the senior estimator and sometimes its a contracts administrator, but in any case the receptionist totally stonewalls me and tells me to just send my information package in the mail, where it likely gets trashed upon arrival.

I have everything they look for: business license, liability insurance, GST number, worker's comp, references from 5 supervisors over 3 well-known and established builder companies, years of experience as a sub-contractor, but I'll be damned if I can get anyone to talk to me.

So those of you who have successfully landed post-construction work, how?!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-28-2014, 04:30 PM

It sounds like you know how to do it but you just need to be patient. What has worked really well for me is joining networking groups. People know people so even if the person you are directly speaking with doesn't need your service someone they may know may need it.

www.a1cleaningtechnologies.com

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill
post #3 of Old 05-29-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Thanks A1 - it's been 7 months of pounding pavement, making calls, and sending information packages and I've only gotten one monthly show home cleaning contract so I'm feeling a little discouraged. Residential is busy as ll get-out but it isn't where my interests lie. I will look into joining some MeetUp small business groups and such and maybe the local chamber of commerce, good idea. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-31-2015, 02:42 AM

Its right , you have need to wait some time for this action . i think its solve soon as well
post #5 of Old 02-03-2015, 08:54 AM

Getting your presence known in the local chamber of commerce is a good way to start. Networking groups is also a way to go but it's not as effective. I actually never thought I'd be getting post-construction clean ups. But one of our regulars recommended us to the company he was working with and he was a trusted subcontractor as well so we got a shot. I guess we did good that we got 4 maybe 5 other post-construction contracts in a month and it grew thereafter. Word of mouth will take you a long way just be patient.

-Paul
__________________________________________________ ______________
Home Cleaning Service ND
Enjoy massive daily discounts on cleaning and office wholesale supplies @
www.northlandwholesale.com
post #6 of Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 AM

Yes ,i agree you need to wait for some time.
post #7 of Old 07-18-2016, 07:07 AM

City Airport offers Landing Contracts to individual Private Pilot Licence holders of Fixed Winged Aircraft.
Unlimited landings at City Airport for 12 months.Benefits Include:

Inclusive use of Car Parking facilities (via fob entry system)
Additional Free Landings at other UK Aerodromes*
Please note the following restrictions apply. (See below for full Terms and Conditions)

The Card is for individual use only when you are acting as Pilot in Command. It is not transferable to other persons.
The Card may only be used for private fixed winged or gyrocopter flights that are not used for hire and reward, and not for any other form of commercial use including initial PPL flying training or maintenance flights.
Mis-use of the card may result in cancellation of the contract. No refunds will be given.
* Additional Free Landings at other UK Aerodromes as listed are subject to change or cancellation at any time. Please check this web page for details of the current benefits that are in place.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode