Need Pricing Help for 26 Story Job - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-04-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Need Pricing Help for 26 Story Job

Hi all...I live in FL and have done new constr/comm cleaning for 14 yrs. now. The market is changing and I have been offered a 26 story condo type building job. Approx. 10 unit per floor...don't have to do ext. windows, only sliders on balconies...think there will not be carpet at time we clean. Any suggestions on pricing? By SF, by floor....could use some input. Thanks, jackie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Not enough info: sq ft etc.
But an estimate may help.

3 hours per room @ $30 p/h

$900 per floor.

$23,400 Total sounds about right.
(not including communal areas)

Last edited by dimmyjeans; 03-04-2007 at 11:40 AM.
post #3 of Old 03-04-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Not sure about that

OK don't know about that. SF is approx 24400 SF per Floor that's 10 units and each is a 2-3 bedroom condo with at least 2-3 bathrooms each and a full kitchen, plus window work. I think maybe we could do a little better, that wouldn't be worth the time or effort I don't think!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-04-2007, 01:40 PM

Now that's more info!
You need to decide what you want to charge per cleaning hour to get your quote. (you don't actually tell them this - it's just for your own reference to get you started)

Then it is simple:

Any cleaner should be able to cover 200 FT per hour (at least! adjust to suit the conditions/cleaners)
Each condo 2400 FT = 12 cleaning hours.
120 hours per floor.
26 floors = 3,120 hours.

Now times that by your hourly rate.
But on large developments with fast turnover cleaning, you should lower your normal hourly rate by about 30% or you simply won't get the contract.
$20 per hour would give you $64,400

Without a proper survey, no one can give any more accuracy than that.

Hope this helps

Last edited by dimmyjeans; 03-04-2007 at 01:44 PM.
post #5 of Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

That makes sense. Normally we do 17-18 cents per SF on new home...but knew the condo type stuff didn't pay that high per SF. The hourly rate seems more in line with what I was trying to give them in a SF type price. Appreciate the help.
post #6 of Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 PM

18 cents FT works out at $36 per hour on the estimated hours.
12 hours per condo may be too long. You will need to get a realistic estimate of the time each condo will take.
post #7 of Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 PM

Jackie
We did a very similar job like yours two years ago for Yates Construction in Panama City, Fl
First thing, everything will change from what you’ve been told and what you think and how the project will progress.
You have to be very flexible and plan your price/bid with some water in it. Be very specific in writing your bid.

We had our price based on how many units would be released to us at a time, on each floor. The reality was, they were released as they were sold, broken all up. Screwed up our productivity model. We always didn't get complete floors as promised.
  • Plan about 45min to 1.25hr. per unit. We did it with 5 guys per crew.
  • Plan to rent a Pod or small shipping container to leave on the project site to store all of your cleaning supplies.
  • This cuts down on time transporting tools and supplies from the vans each day. You may find you cant park right next to the building, sub-contractors parking was two blocks down from the site for us.
So much to tell ya. Good Luck.
post #8 of Old 03-05-2007, 02:29 PM Thread Starter

Can you call me?

If you could call me on my cell so I can ask a few questions, that would be great 407-873-2140. I'm available any time. The good thing is a friend is the top man on the project so he will watch my back...that being said, nothing evers goes smoothly on a construction job, but I do have some things to ask. Thanks again. Jackie
post #9 of Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Hey Jackie
It was great to talk to you yesterday. I learned a little from you on your market conditions and how you run your operation in FL, Thanks.

Based on our conversation it sounds like you’ve got it covered.
Good luck, and I hope you get the project.

If you have any other questions please call.
Drew
post #10 of Old 03-06-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Drew

Thanks for your help yesterday. I did speak with my friend regarding units not being ready on time etc. and he said something to the effect may be 3 on one floor and a couple on another and so on. So I may face some of the issues you did, but at least now it won't be a surprise. He is looking into budget for me so....I'll let you know. Thanks again. Jackie
post #11 of Old 03-07-2007, 06:39 AM

Jackie...I live outside O_town in Brevard county. I do hi-rise window cleaning...I focus on construction window cleaning...I like to team up w/cleaners who want to do these bigger jobs. If you are interested in joing forces, let me know here and then I will call or send you my cell.

I have many builders who need GOOD cleaners....and there will be times when you do the walk around stuff but need a hi-rsie guy to get the other windows. Think it over.

Your pice is low by the way. I can help out there too.

today builders need a company they can count on...unifomred, sober, timely, honest, englisj speaking...right tools tirght training etc. They are starting to get away from the blue-jeaned, tee shirted mop and buclet guys/gals. And they are willing to drop more coin for it....some are anyway. THOSE are the ones you want. Right?
post #12 of Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Clearly Professional

Sounds like a plan to me. And we truly are a VERY professional company. The reason for my longevity with one builder has always been our willingness to go above and beyond what everyone else
does. We are reliable, responsible and very good at what we do!

I would be very interested in seeing what we may be able to do jobwise together. You can reach me on my cell anytime at
407-873-2140.

Thanks for the info and the offer......Jackie
post #13 of Old 03-08-2007, 04:14 PM

Jackie
That sounds like a great offer from Phil.
We do a lot of our own windows only up to 120 feet. We don't have the experience, insurance or a spider stage for anything higher.

Its hard to find anyone around here to team up with, Atlanta or Charlotte is the best place to find them.
post #14 of Old 03-08-2007, 04:39 PM

Dirty,
I will make the same offer to you ...it might be a bit higher resulting from travel...but I like to travel so what the hey.

also, I do scratch removal (big time stuff too0....often, builders need that service in conjunction with the cleaning.

Lemme know if i can help out up there any time.

Matter of fact...anyone who reads this...if it will help nail a gig...I can go anywhere and reach any window...safely...noitce it did not read cheaply...
post #15 of Old 03-08-2007, 05:23 PM

Sounds great Phil.
Question- can you bid a job from architectural plans?

Drew
post #16 of Old 03-09-2007, 05:23 PM

Yes..but they are usally wrong. ...I can speak with the builder, ask several question and give a close quote.

the issue(s) is landscape and roof line. Both determine my approach.

Last edited by clearly professional; 03-09-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode