New Construction Cleaning - Residental vs Commercial - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 3Likes

post #1 of Old 11-29-2007, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

New Construction Cleaning - Residental vs Commercial

Hi Everyone -

There is a lot of info on this site; thank you for all i have been learning the past couple of days.

I began a New Construction Residential Cleaning Service business in April '07. One of my builders gave another builder my business card and recommended me for a 'emergency' job that needed done. It was an addition to a retirement home. I have been wanting to break into the commercial side of new construction cleaning and this was my opportunity. We did the job, had good results, we all went away happy.

But my problem - how does residential vs commercial new construction cleaning. We had no problems cleaning the area's but before i venture out and to pick up commercial cleaning I would like to know what is expected in commercial cleanup.

My concerns:
20 ft ceiling - windows, molding etc, we can handle - but what if the building is higher than 20' with windows. We do not have the equipment to get to them

Cleaning houses we:
Clean heat/cool areas only
Floors - vacuum, sweep, mop
Cabinets - vacuum and dust
Windows - cleaned incl: sills and sash
Doors - handles, locks, threshold
Tubs & Showers - cut in and clean
Vents - vacuum out

After doing the commercial addition I am excited to began bidding on commercial jobs (it was a lot! less of a headache than residential)

Is there a big difference in new construction commercial and residential cleaning? What are the differences?

Floors - are they swept/vacuumed only or will i eventually need a polisher/buffer?

The job i just finished 'seems to good to be true' I was pd more per sq ft and i didn't have to climb a 15' ladder to get dust off of chandlers! But i am also smart enough to know that just because this was a really good experience that all of them will not be that way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
momentum and magicleanmaid like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSet View Post
My concerns:
20 ft ceiling - windows, molding etc, we can handle - but what if the building is higher than 20' with windows. We do not have the equipment to get to them
for jobs of that large of scope equipment can be rented (cherry pickers or lifts) on a daily basis when needed
post #3 of Old 11-30-2007, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Is the size of the room(s) the only difference in commercial and residential new construction cleaning?

I have been apprehensive about bidding commercial jobs because of not knowing the full scope of work. If it is just the size and possibly the height of the room I have been putting this off for to long.

I have work to do....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-02-2012, 04:30 AM

of course commercial cleaning give you more opportunity to earn.But, residential cleaning give you more contact
post #5 of Old 02-18-2013, 02:47 AM

Smile

Starting your own business is very exciting and full of hope for a great success. The reality is that approximately 50 per cent of businesses fail in the first year. The thing is to survive in business you got to be good not only to provide the service but in all other aspects of running it. Good management system is the key.
post #6 of Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 AM

Hello,
It is really important to understand need of cleaning activity in commercial field.water damage caused by water leaking can destroy property of home. In case of fire damage,water damage and smoke damage Emergency services 24 Inc is leading company in the field of commercial and residential Damage Restoration .
post #7 of Old 08-27-2013, 09:22 PM

I have never bid out my construction. I have always charged by the hour per person. I have been in the cleaning biz since 2005. Stubbed my toe on a contractor and started my biz with a bucket and a bottle of bleach. We were cleaning approx.25 new vacation rental homes a year. Now we are around 75. with 3 contractors. All custom homes that are already bought. NO SPECKS. Then we have the opportunity to pick these up as rentals during the season.
Now I have contractors that want me to submit bids. I can go back to any invoice on any job and compare the billing and judge it by sq ft but it doesn't fit. Every house is different as every contractor. Some sites were horrible in cleaning up after trades. Some were easier. It fits when charging by the hour if you are honest, hard working with a strong work ethic to get the job done.
magicleanmaid likes this.
post #8 of Old 05-13-2015, 04:43 AM

Commercial jobs are quite bigger, require more equipment and staff. But we charge per hour for both residential and commercial.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Castelnau
post #9 of Old 06-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Most working people may only want the expert cleaners to come home once a month. There are those people who may want them every week. You are given the freedom of choosing the level of cleaning service you want to use. There are things like cleaning the pool or garage that need to be cleaned. The residential cleaning services can be hired to clean.

Cleaning services call @ 508-446-3144
http://www.jeanannecleaningservices.com
post #10 of Old 07-01-2015, 01:39 PM

Construction cleaning pricing help

Find out what each client wants cleaned before pricing.Assume nothing!

http://selz.co/1CK1Nua

I did construction cleaning for over 35 years...learned alot.
Some the hard way
post #11 of Old 07-22-2015, 02:10 AM

The Difference Between Residential and Commercial Cleaning Services
A New York based professional commercial cleaning service may provide both residential and commercial services or they may prefer to specialize solely on commercial facilities. Understanding the differences between residential and commercial cleaning services is imperative as each focuses on different aspects of the job. By taking your time to perform research and determining your needs beforehand, you can ensure you get the best cleaning services. Commercial properties require cleaning and the service is often viewed as a necessity whereas residential cleaning seen more as a luxury. By understanding the nature of the work, you can ensure you derive optimum benefits from a professional cleaning service. Commercial cleaning helps ensure that a business remains operational, sanitary, and in good working order. Businesses simply cannot operate without ensuring that their offices, retail space, or other place of operation is thoroughly clean and hygienic.
Commercial office cleaning services will ensure that your company remains open for business, efficient, and that germs that may cause sickness are eradicated. By using a commercial cleaning New York business, you can make certain that your office space is cleaned thoroughly and free of bacteria, germs, and viruses. When looking for the best cleaning services NYC has to offer, you will want to determine the services they provide on a regular basis. The most efficient cleaning services NYC businesses perform their work late at night and on weekends as this is the time when the office is cleared of employees. NYC cleaning services for commercial properties ensure that they are ready for business any time, day or night.
Professional commercial cleaning services may vary from one business to the next. When choosing professional cleaning services, commercial and residential property owners have different needs as one is business to business and the other is business to homeowner. A cleaning service commercial company must have references and businesses must trust the employees, as they will perform work without the direct oversight of office staff. Commercial office cleaning services are completed in a much simpler manner than residential cleaning. They also take less time to clean and maintain than residential spaces and homes.
There are several differences between commercial cleaning New York companies and residential services. Residential cleaning companies work during the day, while commercial services work at night. There are differences between the way commercial and residential NYC cleaning services bill as well. Those choosing the best cleaning services NYC has to offer will need to pay special attention to security. Residential customers have the option of staying in the home while the cleaning company works. When it comes to choosing a residential cleaning service, NYC homeowners are often billed for services the same day the work is provided. This varies from professional commercial cleaning companies as they often bill clients monthly.
Another important factor to take into consideration is the level of sentimentality needed in cleaning services. Commercial and residential cleaning companies differ in regards to handling various items. Residential owners need to ensure that they trust the company handling their cleaning service. Commercial owners typically do not have items of extreme emotional or sentimental value placed in an office. Commercial office cleaning services are more straightforward than residential services. Those choosing a commercial cleaning New York company will not need to fear that a priceless heirloom may be dropped to the floor or other valuable items will become lost or damaged. When it comes to cleaning services, NYC businesses often have an advantage over residential services. A professional cleaning service NYC company will clean your company’s office, retail spaces, or business quickly and efficiently. Though you will need to ensure that security measures have been established, you will not have the same issues with commercial cleaning needs as you might face with residential properties.
NYC cleaning services provide many benefits and advantages for both commercial and residential properties. Commercial and industrial properties require the services of professional cleaning companies while residential property owners use cleaning services on an optional basis. Commercial cleaning companies help increase a business’ productivity, efficiency, and make certain that the work place is a safe, healthy, environment. From all-purpose, general cleaning, to power washing and caring for floors and windows, commercial cleaning services provide numerous benefits that help keep businesses up and running. Though there are professional companies that perform both, New York residents must ensure that when they choose a cleaning company, they select a reputable, professional company and not a fly-by-night, amateur start up.

Building A Dam
post #12 of Old 08-26-2015, 03:31 AM

Are you educated regarding fabricating debris?

In what condition is the glass?

What about the frames (they can sometimes take longer than the glass?)

New to CCU, but not WC'ing?

How long do you think it will take you to complete?

Dam Excavation
post #13 of Old 08-26-2015, 03:52 AM

If you have full knowledge about this then talk to your client and do this work on rent.
post #14 of Old 09-02-2015, 01:00 AM

In my opinion,you should contact with certified company as they provide fabulous and myriad tips for this work and you can explore more innovative ideas for cleaning in just few bucks.If you choose to hire a contractor or other professional service provider to do the cleanup, make sure the contractor has experience cleaning up mold. Nice post.
post #15 of Old 11-06-2015, 11:11 AM

water damage caused by water leaking can destroy property of home. In case of fire damage,water damage and smoke damage Emergency services 24 Inc is leading company in the field of commercial and residential Damage Restoration
post #16 of Old 12-02-2015, 11:08 PM

it all depends.
post #17 of Old 12-02-2015, 11:08 PM

old post,..
post #18 of Old 12-07-2015, 05:08 AM

Thank you for sharing this informative post with us. Indeed, one of my friends can help you and give you the best solution. I will ask her to help you.

If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://cleaningedge.com.au/medical-c...-cleaning.html
post #19 of Old 12-17-2015, 02:00 AM

American septic services take care of all the needs and requirements of individuals and make sure people are not disappointed. They specialize in both residential and commercial septic design, sewer repair, installation and cleaning. People who have used the company’s services have never had a problem.

Septic tank filter, Septic tank cleaning service, Cheap septic services, Concrete Septic Tanks
Drainfield Installation services, Drainfield cleaning, Drainfield Replacement.
post #20 of Old 05-16-2016, 06:43 PM

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode