Opinions On Price????? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-17-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Opinions On Price?????

HEY AGAIN!

I DIDNT GET ANY COMMENTS ON THE PRICE FOR THAT BIG 5,500 SQ FT CABIN I JUST FINISHED. LET ME KNOW
DAVONNE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-17-2006, 04:50 PM

http://www.cleaningtalk.com/showthre...hlight=pricing

Hi HappyCleaner

It is not that we are ignoring you, there is alot of things to consider when pricing your jobs.

For instance -

1) what I am able to charge in my area, you may not be able to get in your neck of the woods

2) Companies who run legimate businesses (licensed, bonded, paying all insurances, having educational certification, etc....) can/ and should charge more than persons or companies who do not. Yet the illegals will try to charge more thus hurting the industry as a whole when the consumer is burnt.

3) Discussion of pricing can in some cases be cause for the claim of collusion (price fixing) which is illegal

With all that said - if you are running your business legitimately you should of made somewhere in the rhelm of $25 to $50 per hour per person depending on your area of the country
post #3 of Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 PM

so you have been cleaning this space since december 8th? or am i wrong on your original post date?

i am getting .33/sq ft on a post construction clean in northern virginia and started the job a couple of days ago. am picking up a $500 check tomorrow for work already done.

if you have been working on this space since the 8th and have not negotiated a price yet, why not? just curious as to why you haven't done that. seems to me that it's something that should have been done prior to the cleaning.

so did you get paid for the job? or are you looking for an amount to charge?

sorry if i sound clueless, just a bit confused...

suzi g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-17-2006, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

thanks t, you explained it very well.

suzi, i started the work on dec 4th. i went 75 miles round trip, the 4th,6th,8th,10th,11th,12th, and 15th. my cousin helps me, she was with me everyday. we had to work around painters, workers, electricians,plumbers, cable guys, anybody and everybody, 2 days we didnt have any water. it was kinda hectic!!!
when i went to look at the job, i had in my mind $2,500. i didnt want to turn in the bill till i was finished. all the way finished...
the contractor likes a invoice very detailed. i really need to sit down and do some figuring. i am not licensed, i just have been cleaning res houses for a long time, and this contractor just found me. i clean his house once a month. he is very very particular. he says he can "build the cabins", but the most important part is when the owners come and do the final walk through and see what a terrific job his "cleaning girls" have done, that makes it.. he says... ??? i have not got paid yet, that is not a problem, i just want to be fair to him. thanks!
davon
post #5 of Old 12-18-2006, 06:44 AM

Wow. That must have been a job from hell. I do not know the rate for cleaning log cabins but I have plenty of experience with builders. On one hand 7 days is a ton of time to invest in a job, but on the other hand I see a builder expecting the world for next to nothing. You say he pays well so you might have lucked out.

Have you discussed pricing/hourly/daily rates with him at all?

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #6 of Old 12-18-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycleaner View Post
thanks t, you explained it very well.

suzi, i started the work on dec 4th. i went 75 miles round trip, the 4th,6th,8th,10th,11th,12th, and 15th. my cousin helps me, she was with me everyday. we had to work around painters, workers, electricians,plumbers, cable guys, anybody and everybody, 2 days we didnt have any water. it was kinda hectic!!!davon
thanks for explaining. i know what you went through. i'm working on one now that the owner (who happens to be the builder/contractor) moved into on saturday. and the house isn't even finished being painted on the inside. so i'm working around painters AND the residents and they have 2 dogs. it's a nightmare but he does pay well...and fired his old post-construction cleaner because his homes are really clean when i finish with them.

isn't it fun to know your work is appreciated? i love my work.

suzi g
post #7 of Old 12-18-2006, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Wow. That must have been a job from hell. I do not know the rate for cleaning log cabins but I have plenty of experience with builders. On one hand 7 days is a ton of time to invest in a job, but on the other hand I see a builder expecting the world for next to nothing. You say he pays well so you might have lucked out.

Have you discussed pricing/hourly/daily rates with him at all?
I am leaning in the direction of Ken here, I have never known of a builder to not want the job done for as cheap as possible.

Unfortunately I have known of alot of cleaners who got taken when the proper documents/ contracts/ agreements were not in place prior to cleaning. I hope this is not the case with you, esspecially since he is your client for his own home.

Please keep us informed as to your getting paid.
post #8 of Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 AM Thread Starter

JUST WANTED YA'LL TO KNOW, I GOT MY CHECK TODAY!!! YEAH!!! I CHARGED $2,500. AND GOT $2,500.
NO BIG WORK TILL AFTER CHRISTMAS.
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS
DAVON
post #9 of Old 12-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Thats a very merry Christmas.. Good job.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #10 of Old 01-08-2007, 06:24 PM

dear Suzi,
I read that you charge .33 sq ft on post construction jobs. What does this include? How many cleaning or debris removal stages are listed with your price quote. Does this include dump runs and paying dump fees also?
In in Ms. and I know rates differ from each location.
I'm just getting started and trying to research for good price quotes.
Just searching for good advice and info.

Thanks

Renee

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode