Overspray on engineered hardwood - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-30-2017, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Overspray on engineered hardwood

When doing final cleans I have the tedious task of cleaning paint/dry wall spatter off of the engineered hardwood flooring. This can be very time consuming and I'm looking for an easier solution to just scrubbing on my hands and knees. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-02-2017, 04:11 PM

Savvyshine

You are putting yourself in a very dangerous position.If the contractor has been so sloppy as to allow the painters or other trades to
get any of their paint on this very expensive product yikes! First thing you should do is contact the flooring installer and ask him what he/she recommends to clean this very floor.Then go to the contractor and say I did not plan on having to spend an extra $$ because of the painters.This special floor cleaning is costing me an extra $$ and time.You or the painter should be covering my extra expense and extra labor to get this off the floor.Actually the first thing you should do is go to the contractor and say my additional labor and the cost of the special cleaner is not included in my quote.Let the painter clean up his own mess and take his chances voiding the floor warranty and getting sued.Not you.
Which means next time you quote a job be specific in stating that cleaning floors or whatever the item is is to remove dirt,specifically not paint or extra grout etc.

If u do not use the recommended cleaner you could potentially damage the floor and get sued by both the flooring company and the contractor.It's a real chance you are taking here and not your problem to solve.Careful who you work for,seriously.
http://selz.co/1CK1Nua
post #3 of Old 05-03-2017, 03:17 AM

I agree with profcleaning comments

KAV chuyên thiet ke nhathiet ke nha pho dep tại hcm. Ủng hộ nhé

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode