Paint and sheetrock mud. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mightyclean51

post #1 of Old 04-25-2017, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Paint and sheetrock mud.

Hi, I've done a few of final residential cleans and I've been noticing that there is a FAIR amount of sheetrock mud/paint on the surfaces (cabinets, bathtubs, showers, counters, and windows). We've been using razor blades and plastic scrapers but is there any type of chemical that I can use to just be able to get this off a little easier? Most of our time is utilized by scraping and I don't want it to be that way. Lead me in the right direction so I can make these cleans more efficient!
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-30-2017, 07:01 PM

I'm having the same issue. It comes up fairly easy, but it's so time consuming! I'm having to scrub up on my hands and knees. There has to be a better way!
post #3 of Old 05-02-2017, 03:21 PM

Drywall mud is water soluble just get it wet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-09-2017, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Ok what about the paint?
post #5 of Old 07-07-2017, 10:01 AM

The paint is another subject altogether.

Sometimes you can scrub it off with a scrub pad.Nothing to abrasive though.The idea is to remove the paint and not damage the surface.

If you use a razor blade you can scrape it,again without damaging the surface it's stuck on.

A little lacquer thinner maybe.

Some use denatured alcohol or mineral spirits.I always ended up with the lacquer thinner.

I know this sounds odd,but after 35 years of this stuff I know it's true,and that is.It matters what kind of rag you put the lacquer thinner or alcohol on to try and clean something.Don't grab a paper towel,won't work or a tshirt rag,again it will not work.Use a terry cloth towel.It has something to do with the way it absorbs to quickly into the rag and then there is none of the chemical left on the surface to actually do the cleaning.

As well when you finish using one of these rags with lacquer or alcohol.Leave the rag outside and the odor and chemical will evaporate.If you throw it in your washing machine it will stink up the whole place.Leave it outside.It will evaporate and then you can toss it in with the other rags to wash.

I found this new product called De-Solv-it. Never tried it on paint,but it's AWESOME for stickers, labels,and black marks on floors.

http://selz.co/1MugaHl
post #6 of Old 07-09-2017, 03:41 PM

I'll share a beginner's story with you all. When I first got into cleaning for money, a doctor hired me to do a post construction clean of his house. What he did NOT tell me is that the floor installers (tile floors-) were still working! If this happened to me now, I would have walked out and told the doctor to find some other sucker, because the air was absolutely FILLED with concrete dust! I hadnt been warned so hadnt brought a mask. Silly beginner went ahead and tried to clean the darn place, but I simply couldnt because they were still blowing dust all over the place. I attempted to get it all done, and I finally gave up and left. When Dear Doctor called and asked if I could return after they had finished, I told him NO. Plus, he had not left a check for me (I had discussed this and knew he wouldnt.) It took over 2 weeks for his wife to send me the check.

Every time I pass his ritzy development, I curse out loud! I think I coughed for a week after this crazy beginner's story.
Annie
post #7 of Old 11-13-2017, 09:41 PM

I think you should contact with professional cleaners as they have latest techniques and tools for your cleaning needs. Commercial office cleaning companies use a wide variety of cleaning methods, chemicals, and equipment to facilitate and expedite the cleaning process. You can also opt green cleaning products as they are safer for your health and environment.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #8 of Old 11-14-2017, 07:46 AM

The original post was written by a cleaning professional,looking for advice!!!

I learned a while back to always carry a pocket knife in my work bag. It isnt very sharp. I use it to scrape (gently!!)anything that seems stuck on a surface. I would NEVER use it on a soft sort of countertops, or on cooktops. That could damage their surfaces. I mainly use it when I am mopping a floor, and see a spill that wont come right up. I used to spray that spot with a cleaning product and then return in a while to get it up. TOO time consuming! Another option is using magic erasers. But that wont work on paint splotches until you have scraped some of it off.
post #9 of Old 01-23-2018, 04:43 AM

Thumbs up

My company use GBL Lab staff like paint remover. It’s working good and easy to use. We mix gbl 1/3 and start cleaning. One of the benefits is that is no smell at all, good to use inside the building, outside also good)
Hope, that info was useful. Link to the shop gbllab.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode