Post Construction Cleaning Quotes - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 06-21-2006, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Post Construction Cleaning Quotes

Hello )
I have been trying to build up this business, and now I need to present two proposals on 2 homes, (actually, mansions) apprx 5200 sq ft each.
I am not sure of the going rates. I figure apprx .20 - .30 cents a sqft for complete cleaning, both rough and final. But how do I break it down, if the builder wants only of of the services.?
does anyone know.
Please help.==== it would make me very happy!!!
K:(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 AM

what kind of business is it??how to start??what is start capital??thanks

what kind of business is it??how to start??what is start capital? how popular and needed it in new york area??please response.thanks
post #3 of Old 07-03-2006, 12:23 AM

Wow, your posting questions all over the place. Why not start your own thread with a few key questions and wait for some responses.

Thanks.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-03-2006, 09:33 PM

I do const. cleanup here in Utah all we charge is 10 cents a sq. ft. and $4 a window inside and out, no one will pay more than that here for complete clean not rough and final only one clean on post const. cleanup or its considered site cleanup which I charge $200 a truck load, or $75 an hour if bin at site.
post #5 of Old 07-04-2006, 06:32 PM

Will you be cleaning the property twice? I am also trying to get into post construction cleaning but I would just like to go in after all of the contractors have finished and get the property into move in condition. I wish I could find out what the going rate in my area is.
Sherrie
post #6 of Old 07-05-2006, 12:18 AM

Sherrie Welcome and post in your signature line where you are located. This will help others help you with information for the gowing rate in your area.

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
post #7 of Old 08-09-2006, 06:49 PM

hello can anyone please help find the going rate per sq ft in orlando florida on construction cleanup???
post #8 of Old 08-10-2006, 02:22 PM

probably anywhere from .15 to .20 a sq.ft
post #9 of Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena View Post
hello can anyone please help find the going rate per sq ft in orlando florida on construction cleanup???
.15 to .20 sq ft
post #10 of Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 PM

Welcome to the site L&M. Why not post an quick hello in the Introductions forum so we can learn more about you.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #11 of Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 PM

Smile Greetings

I am totally new to this posting thing. Sorry, my comp is not allowing popo-ups? I am researching as much as I can to get some info on post construction clean-up. Construction is very big in this area and I want to get all the info I can before I dig in.
post #12 of Old 11-03-2006, 01:15 PM

Oh, and before u ask, I am close to the resort areas of O.C. Maryland and Delaware beaches.
post #13 of Old 11-03-2006, 01:46 PM

Welcome spiritn_truth

So tell me do you have any previous Profession cleaning experience or are you just starting from scratch?
post #14 of Old 11-03-2006, 03:14 PM

I am starting from scratch. Many family members are in the construction field and say there is great opportunity for it. I believe I have the ability, strength and some knowledge to make it into a great business venture.
post #15 of Old 11-03-2006, 04:09 PM

Well if you are starting from scratch then I would recommend that you first deal with the proper set up of your business.

You will need to do the following -

Choose a business name. If you are not going to use your own name you will then need to register your DBA (doing business as) with your local authorities

Choose how you plan to structure your business - are you planning on being a sole prop., a LLC, a corp?

You will need to file for a business license

You will need to file for insurance (liability and workmans comp - for construction cleaning even if you don't have employees you will still need workmans comp in order to cover the general contractor)

Are you planning on hiring? You will need to register to get an employers number from the feds. You also should plan on settin up your employee training and handbooks prior to the first employee being hired.

(taking a deep breath.................) That is just the start LOL! If I haven't scared you off yet, then hang around and we can help to guide you thru it all.
post #16 of Old 11-07-2006, 10:58 PM

I was nominated yesterday to do construction clean up for a regular residential customer that just became a builder. I'm trying to think of a good way to turn him down. I sure hope I can get out of it... :(
post #17 of Old 11-08-2006, 12:07 AM

Why don't you want the work Len?
post #18 of Old 11-30-2006, 04:43 PM

Spritn Truth Were At On The Eastern Shore Are You Loc At , I M From Salisbury Md
post #19 of Old 11-30-2006, 04:45 PM

We Just Started Offering Post Con . Clean Up
post #20 of Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM

What do you do for construction companys and what do you charge. I may be missing out on a money maker . Around here I never see any pressure washer companys doing work around new construction...
MPW

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode