Residential post construction cleaning bid help - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-27-2008, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Residential post construction cleaning bid help

Hi. Considering adding post construction cleaning services to our services. We have a builder who wants us to give them a bid for cleaning their homes. It requires 3 cleaning be done. How do we bid these jobs? Would a .20 square foot price cover all 3 cleanings or is it a separate square foot price for each cleaning? Also, anyone deal with DR Horton builders? We currently operate a window cleaning and pressure washing service. Been in this line of work for 9 years. If you chose, please privately e-mail to give me advice on DR Horton who one builder we are currently working with.
Thanks!
Mark
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 PM

Be Wary !

D R Horton is a big builder. Most big builders pay very low and don't treat you with much kindness. Don't know how D R Horton is from experience but I would be wary of big builders like this at the present time. They have too much inventory and not many sales and are hurting greatly financially. If you do go with them, be prepared to be treated with not much respect.
post #3 of Old 02-12-2008, 02:41 PM

Hi, I have just logged onto this site. I have a cleaning company that I started in October of 2008. The company is going great! We have just started getting into post construction clean up and have quoted the rough and final at .15 sq foot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-12-2008, 02:42 PM

sorry, I meant October 2007.
post #5 of Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 PM

where is everybody from
post #6 of Old 02-25-2008, 09:13 PM

from Ontario, Canada

Hello, I am new to this site. I have just started a cleaning business, not to sure on how to price out jobs. I am in Ontario. If anyone could give me some start up tips that would be great!
Thank you

Nicole
post #7 of Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolei View Post
Hello, I am new to this site. I have just started a cleaning business, not to sure on how to price out jobs. I am in Ontario. If anyone could give me some start up tips that would be great!
Thank you

Nicole
Welcome to the site, Nicole! I am glad you are here.

I do residential only, so...I wish I could give you advice. However, there are some really wonderful "pros" here that will probably jump in at any minute. In the meantime, I wanted to give you a warm welcome.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #8 of Old 02-25-2008, 09:57 PM

Hey

Hey Torrey! Thank you for the welcome Where are you from? I am in Orillia Ontario.
post #9 of Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
acs

Talking worth the time

I,ve been working for D.R. Horton for 2 years and have found them to be a God send . My company was struggling for business. Now D.R Horton keeps me so busy I barely have time to work for any other builders. I'm surprised they asked you for a bid though because they have a set price they pay for the area you are in and that is it.
Good Luck,
ACS
post #10 of Old 11-04-2008, 05:41 AM

Hello, I am in the process of figuring on a bid to a redevelopment project of 5 buildings that add up to 49 units, I don't have to bid on all of them. Them program also requires that I pay my workers $26 dollars an hour. My question is what All do I include in my bid besides the square foot and window pricing. (I'm very new to this) Thanks!

Last edited by HeavenScent; 11-04-2008 at 05:43 AM.
post #11 of Old 11-04-2008, 05:42 AM

I'm from Madison, Wisconsin
post #12 of Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I live in S. Virginia. How's Canada this time of year?

I have heard good things about DR Horton from other companies. I am sure there are many opinions but I can't say I've heard anything bad lately.

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #13 of Old 03-03-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Mate View Post
Hi, I have just logged onto this site. I have a cleaning company that I started in October of 2008. The company is going great! We have just started getting into post construction clean up and have quoted the rough and final at .15 sq foot.
Hi 1st Mate. Thanks for offering us that are new to the business what you quote. Is the .15 per SF to do both the rough and final? Or do you charge .15 per SF for the rough and then .15 SF for the final making it an overall total quote of .30 per SF. Thanks! I appreciate your help.

Sue
Capture The Crud
post #14 of Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csoldier View Post
Hi. Considering adding post construction cleaning services to our services. We have a builder who wants us to give them a bid for cleaning their homes. It requires 3 cleaning be done. How do we bid these jobs? Would a .20 square foot price cover all 3 cleanings or is it a separate square foot price for each cleaning? Also, anyone deal with DR Horton builders? We currently operate a window cleaning and pressure washing service. Been in this line of work for 9 years. If you chose, please privately e-mail to give me advice on DR Horton who one builder we are currently working with.
Thanks!
Mark
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl.
Hi Mark.... I have the same question as you do in regard to price bidding for post construction cleaning. Did you ever receive any answers. I am trying to find out as well.

Thanks!

Sue
Capture The Crud
post #15 of Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM

Question Pricing Advice Needed!

I too am searching for what would be considered "reasonable" pricing for post-construction clean up on a 2500 sq ft residential property that I was asked to bring to a level of clean classified as "move-in/live-in" ready! If anyone has any ideas here it would be fabulous & greatly appreciated...2 stories, approx 2500 sq ft living space, 2 large full & 1-1/2 Bathroom, all ceramic tile on 1st floor with 15' ceilings and cabinets to ceiling in kitchen, wood floor on stair treads & landing, as well as refurbished/recycled wood floor in the 3 large bedrooms and hallway on the second floor. Both full baths are upstairs and accompanied by 10 full windows with tons of over spray all over them inside & out as well as a transom window over the huge soaking tub in the 2nd bathroom. The lower level has 9 windows also covered with over spray and to be cleaned inside & out as well as a transom above back door and back door itself which is 3/4 glass with spray & stickers on it. Anyone have any idea on what's acceptable to bid this at as I don't like to just shoot out numbers blindly! I don't want to take advantage of the builder but also don't want to be taken by the builder for bidding it too cheap either...Any info would be great!
I am located in Mandeville, LA which is 30 miles north of New Orleans.

Thanks!
~Amy
post #16 of Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 PM

Price Advise Needed!

Amy..... shoot me an email at [email protected] so I can reply offline. I may be able to guide you somewhat. I can give you the quote I used for something similar. And LA an FL are probably close to the same price range.
post #17 of Old 09-02-2012, 07:07 AM

You should bid low for first time.If the deal is done, you may do it for long time.

You may sent the carpet of the office to us, we are professional carpet cleaner. We will make a deal to carpet cleaning seattle yelp, seattle carpet cleaning or carpet cleaning seattle with you.That may make your cost more lower to bid!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode