Seattle-Tacoma Area Rates? PR help? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-18-2008, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Question Seattle-Tacoma Area Rates? PR help?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and interested in getting into post-construction cleanup. I've been doing commercial cleaning and detailing with my fiance' for a year and a half now.. and I feel like I have enough experience to make the transition. A little bit about what I do now, I clean a 35,000 square foot church and school five days a week and I detail the entire campus during the summer.

To my question! What are the going rates in the Seattle-Tacoma area? I'm going to venture into the world of post CCU and I was thinking of charging .18 cents a square foot and $8 a window (inside/out) and $3 per screen wash. I didnt want to be too cheap to the point of not taken seriously, but I still want to offer a good deal to clients.

Next question, could anyone offer me any advice on public relation? Should I meet and greet? Pull out a yellow book and call? Or send out brochures? Also, should I keep my rates to myself and offer free quotes or display them on the brochures?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just getting started in CCU. Thanks!

Maya

Last edited by mayathompson; 04-18-2008 at 03:50 AM. Reason: reclarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 PM

Welcome Maya,
.18 cents is a very good starting point, the average is around .20 cents. We do .14 cents for the rough clean and .06 cents for a final. If we only do the final we charge .12 cents for the final. Remember this tip, "the better your rough, the easier and faster your final will be. Windows at $8.00 is also very good that is about the going rate. Remember them window sills thay are very nasty at rough, work all your windows; frames, sills and screen very good at the rough. In post construction your screens are normally new, so not much actual cleaning goes into screens, we do not charge for screens. For your final it should be very much be getting rid of final dust and flloors. As far as marketing the same techniques apply, go to construction sites and post flyers in the document boxes, try to meet the builder or sight foreman, go in the yellow book and mail flyers to your listed contrators, etc. The local chamber oo commerce or builders association list ways to contact building contractors. After your complete cleaning always leave a flyer behind, the future owner may want to use your services for future seasonal cleanings. Enjoy it......

Hector Reyes
Lakes Cleaning Services
www.lakescleaningserv.com
post #3 of Old 04-20-2008, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Okay! Sounds great :-) Thanks! And are those rates good for the Seattle-Tacoma area?

Maya
The Cleaning Lady
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 PM

Maya,

This is about the national average. Remember contractors will try to get it as cheap as they can. I recommend you try to research your area, but the should be pretty close to this rates. Good Luck
post #5 of Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 AM

Smile

It is already old subject matters but very much it wanted to me to give you advice! It is not mandatory to dispatch brochures. The best, cheap type of advertising as of today is the Internet! Create a site and use the advanced technologies. I shall give an example. I the owner carpet cleaning service in Tacoma.
I have wasted time both money for development and creation of a website, and for its filling. I conduct Sparkle Cleaning Twitter Account.
I can tell with confidence that it brings good result.
To you I advise to pay attention to a world wide web!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode