senior center bid help- final clean - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-30-2008, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

senior center bid help- final clean

Can anyone help with pricing of a 66000 sq. ft. senior center that will need a final-clean & then a touch-up clean ? Am new to commercial cleaning. Thank You.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-30-2008, 12:26 PM

AL-What is the work scope? Windows/VCT? How many units per floor?

By senior center do you mean an Assisted Living facility with multi living units?
post #3 of Old 01-30-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Assisted living with 3 floors . Approx 25 units each on 2nd & 3rd floor and offices, units, dining room, kitchen etc. on first floor. Move-in clean. Units have carpet, ceramic & vct. Am looking for sq. ft. pricing.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 PM

Al
When we bid commercial projects we arrive at a bid based on formulas. And the formulas backs into 5 determining variables, 1) work scope, 2) production rates per line item task, 3) building type, 4) GC pricing history & 5) rental equipment/added value.
Its not as easy bidding as residential and coming up with a standard sf. price.

Example: VCT total square foot depending on how many coats & rooms (most of the times 2 coats) gets a dollar value and the VCT square foot is backed out of total project square foot.

Long Story Short- if you were to take all your sub categories and add them up, a project like this in the past, in my market is worth .16 to .18 for rough/final and touch-up would depend on other variables.

Is this project a Brickford House project? Also a lot of bidding has to do with how well you know the GC and his history for budgeting these types of projects. In contrast-historically you can charge more for a hospital per sf. than an assisted living facility.

We did a 100K sf ALF, 108 units this summer and charged aprox. 18K for rough/final, we also used lifts and did some pressure washing. I hope this helps.

post #5 of Old 02-01-2008, 08:19 AM Thread Starter

Commercial Bid

Thanks for the info. Yes, it is a Bickford Cottage building. Planned to quote .20 sq. ft. and an addition .05 for a re-clean. Have to get bid in by this coming Monday. Can you spare any additional info about Bickford or the prices I plan to Quote ? Thanks again !

post #6 of Old 02-01-2008, 10:47 AM

Alan I assume the GC is EBCO/EBY Construction Group, am I correct?
Do you have insight into the project PM and superintendent? How did you feel when you did your walk through? What was the condition of the project? How long from your walk through until you would be scheduled for your final clean.

During your walk through did you have a chance to pull aside a sheet rocker or painter and casually ask them questions? A lot of times guys on site will tell how the construction phase is going. It will give you an insight on how the project will close.

A lot of time spent will be on the outside windows unless they are double hung and you can access them from inside. Also the walk-in tub/shower condition would be a big concern of mine, were they covered, what shape are the in. How many coats on the VCT, 2 or 3? How many sf. What is the cost of your finish for this project?

Are they going to release the project to you a floor or wing at a time starting on the top floor?

.20 per sf. is a good fair price, any idea what their budget is. Did you ask?
Iím not that familiar with your market (Iím in South Carolina) or your gross labor burden or the history of what the PM has budgeted for this type of project, so it would be hard for me to suggest a price. But if it were me and I though I could make a good profit at just under 15K for everything, I would bid it that way.

Again a lot would depend on how much work is involved in the touch-up and the time in between your final and touch-up. And how much is invested in rental lifts, if any and wax cost.

I hope this helps, please let us know how it went.
post #7 of Old 02-01-2008, 03:20 PM

great looking out for others Drew How's life for you lately? I assume that business is good
post #8 of Old 02-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
great looking out for others Drew How's life for you lately? I assume that business is good

Hey T, business is well. Residential is slowing down a little but commercial is still strong.

Just finished building a new house, so Im not as stretched out now.

How are things in EastBay?
Ya know, I used to live in San Ramon in CrowCanyon just below Blackhawk.
I bet that area has changed a lot since 86Ē
post #9 of Old 02-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Hey Drew! Good to see you.

Enjoy that new house. I bet that's a sigh of relief having that done now.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #10 of Old 02-04-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Hey Drew! Good to see you.

Enjoy that new house. I bet that's a sigh of relief having that done now.

Torrey

Hey Torrey
Nice to see ya here.

How is the Lotus body project coming along?
Will you guys have it completed and on the road by spring time?

Do you ever visit www.elisetalk.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode