Unfamiliar with Post-Construction bidding - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-02-2009, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Unfamiliar with Post-Construction bidding

Hi all,

I'm unfamiliar with post-construction "type" clean up. there was renovation done to the condo, similar to post-const leftovers etc... The Realtor (who is also a friend) asked how much I charge per hour.

I've never done this type of clean up before so I need advice how to or what to quote her per hour. Additionaly, I have no info on this place yet and I have no inkling to how long it will take to do it.

I want it worthwhile to me but not overpriced.

In advance, your appreciation is grateful.

Zoran
Marine Cleaning Co
www.MarineCleaningCo.com
Dallas TX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-05-2009, 08:59 AM

cleaning prices

Call around to other cleaning businesses and ask like a customer would be getting rate. I have cleaned apts after people move out and it's work. If you have to buy supplies etc. take that into consideration.
post #3 of Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 PM

I am in Texas as well ... I have found that the "average" rate for construction cleaning is .20 to .30 cents per square foot. This would be for two cleans ... a rough clean and a final clean .... if you are doing only a final clean an "average" rate I have found is .13 to .18 .... it all depends on windows, paint overspray, amount of debris and dust .... all those things will take a while and you will need supplies such as shop vac, razors, paint remover etc ... make sure you factor in those cost .... a construction clean for myself and two other people usually take anywhere from 6 to 10 hours .... depends on the condition and square footage ... hope this helps a little .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-15-2009, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

I've begun trash removal for now with a developer just to get my name in and to prove my reliability for future work and referances. The start of a business is the hard part, finding/feeling your way around. Learning from your "first" appointments and what you didn't "cover" etc... learn from mistakes
post #5 of Old 10-21-2010, 07:04 AM

is construction cleaning harder then move out cleaning? i'd do many end of tenancy cleans every week and cope well and would like to get into construction cleaning but unsure as i know you can get blamed for damaging stuff that the builders have broke

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode