What should be included in exterior and interior cleaning? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

What should be included in exterior and interior cleaning?

Hello, I'm new here and joined to try to gain information regarding what is 'standard' clean up for residentail new construction both interior and exterior? We built a home in East Texas and although we love the house we closed the day the cleaning crew was supposed to be at the house. When we arrived there was ONE woman and little had been done. What she did clean was the windows and glass doors which were terribly scratched from debris and during removal of stickers. She also used an abrasive (Comet) cleaner in the fiberglass tubs, ALL sinks, and a refinished claw foot tub which left swirl type scratches in them. They are very noticable. The cabinets, door facings, the base boards, etc had not been cleaned. The ceiling fans and door fronts, etc were not clean. The window tracks are still not cleaned. The cleaning woman said when I arrived at 6:00 pm "I hope you're going to put blinds because these windows sure are streaky" Which they were HORRIBLE. The floors had not been swept and she hauled a shop vac through the house on the hard wood floors while there was still piles of debris including nails and screws causing some scratches on the floors. My daughter, mom and I spent 6 hours each that night cleaning and I'm still not finished. Our home is 2135 sq ft with more windows than normal. He allowed me a $340 credit for cleaning but the exterior was not cleaned either. He did a large burn pile (we are in the country) but left pieces of tile, nails, hardy board, etc in the back yard where the burn pile was and picked up 9 large trash bags of debris and trash from outside. The porch still has dried dry wall mud puddles which I haven't even addressed yet. As you can imagine I'm still mad about this.
I have read for hours about interior cleaning and what is expected but I'd like to have more information so I have something to give him when I pursue this. PLUS I can't find anything about exterior cleaning. Our contract states the home would be move in ready and "broom clean". I still have numerous things on the punch list which he won't address either. His response to my email states, "we have a beautiful home and he pushed to get it completed by the day we needed and he is upset that we are now wanting these things addressed. So what should we expect and is there any type of Texas or National builder code regarding these issues? Is there any type of regulatory office in Texas where we can go for help? One last question? Can anyone share your contracts with me so I have something to go by and compare with what service we were given?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-21-2010, 06:00 AM

please rewrite that using paragraphs; it's impossible to follow as you've written a massive wall of text and you end up losing which line you're on.

out of interest how much did you pay? did you restrict the time the cleaner could clean? sounds like they've done a bad job but a full spring clean of a house can take hours and hours as you know as you still aren't done so maybe you've both underestimated the work involved and not planned/paid correctly.

you mention scratches across the floor caused by the cleaner and then that there was loads of screws etc. i'd say this can't be the cleaners fault from how you've described it and instead it appears you're trying to pin more on the cleaner then is fair to get it new again even though the house wasn't taken care of properly when the building work was being done.
post #3 of Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 AM

hi,
This cleaning service is specifically designed for homeowners or businesses that have done remodeling and need to rid their home, office or apartment of the dust and minor debris that is left behind. Each construction cleaning job is different. We can handle any size job, from single-family residential construction clean up to larger commercial projects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-10-2011, 01:49 PM

Hello guys,

Do you know where to get a Skip Hire in the AU? I'm going to be moving into a new house quite soon and need some information on where to get a skip hire and how much it will cost.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

skip hire sydney
post #5 of Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 AM

When you are going to take cleaning service from company then be sure about what you should have to clean and clear from your home. Before taking service you must be clear on it, so it can be helpful to get perfect service for cleaning home.
post #6 of Old 10-22-2012, 04:46 AM

[QUOTE=Alyssa28;27445]Hello guys,

Do you know where to get a Skip Hire in the AU? I'm going to be moving into a new house quite soon and need some information on where to get a skip hire and how much it will cost.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Why not you contact any local person there??
post #7 of Old 12-09-2015, 05:27 AM

Hi

You can hire the skip bin in AU from a reputed company named North Side Skip Bins. They provide tremendous service and regularly collects the rubbish. They have wide range of skip bins. They collect all types of waste.
post #8 of Old 06-09-2016, 12:04 AM

Hi Mindy!

I strongly suggest that you must hire professional cleaners to have the interior and exterior of your house sparklingly clean. I know this cleaning company in Brisbane named Austral Cleaning, they provide the best cleaning services all around Queensland. They will help you a lot. I have tried it myself. It was proven and tested.
post #9 of Old 07-18-2016, 06:13 AM

Engine Bay:
The engine bay is very important part of car detailing and it should be misted with water lightly and after that cleaned with degreaser and rinsed clean. All plastic, rubber and silicone parts should be dressed to protect them from cracking.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode