where do you look for new construction bids in area
hi, this laura from baton rouge la. i started my cleaning company august 2008 and have found some cleaning jobs but not enough to quit my full time job. do any one have any suggestions on how to get my business runnning so that may be the only job that i have
10 keys for success in today's market
1. Build a website and learn how to use the web to market your business.
2. Perform SEO work to make that website rank well in local searches.
3. Read every book you can get your hands on about sales and marketing. Reinvest 20% of every job's gross billing back into advertising.
4. Read (or buy on audio tape) E-Myth by Michael Gerber. This is the business owners bible.
5. Never sell a job, sell a service experience. You'll get paid what you are worth.
6. Pay yourself first. This is not money you reinvest. This pays your personal bills. Pay yourself the same amount every week.
7. Set aside another 20% of your gross billing as your company net profit. This is whats called cash flow. This is what buys new equipment, adds employees and lets you make purchases without tapping your personal account.
8. Learn your costs. You cannot price a job for a customer until you know your expenses. Your costs are EVERYTHING that is paid to maintain your business. Liability insurance, bonding, vehicle depreciation, fuel, insurance, advertising, helpers, owner payroll, phone lines, office expenses, accounting, etc.
9. Let's get back to number 6. Only 2 out of five people buy based on price. That leaves three customers that are willing to pay top rate for top service. Never worry about "charging too much". There is no such thing. you charge as much as your market will bear.
10. Keep your job as long as you can. Come to terms that owning a business is 24/7. If it were easy, the failure rate for startup businesses would not be 90% during the first five years. The biggest reason for failure is being undercapitalized. If you have steady income you can start your advertising and pick and choose higher end clientele.
Good Luck to you!
I am also new to Construction clean-up, but I was able to go to the City/County Planning Dept. and ask for a list of new construction. So now, every month they include me on the email distribution that includes the contact info every builder who has applied for a building permit, etc.
I hope this helps.
I am halfway through this book. Ill be finishing it tonight. It is fantastic. Got it on amazon for $3
Agree wit hGreen-Kleen
I to work with our loca city govt for information on new projects etc...
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.