where do you look for new construction bids in area - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-17-2009, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

Question where do you look for new construction bids in area

hi, this laura from baton rouge la. i started my cleaning company august 2008 and have found some cleaning jobs but not enough to quit my full time job. do any one have any suggestions on how to get my business runnning so that may be the only job that i have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-17-2009, 12:03 PM

10 keys for success in today's market

1. Build a website and learn how to use the web to market your business.
2. Perform SEO work to make that website rank well in local searches.
3. Read every book you can get your hands on about sales and marketing. Reinvest 20% of every job's gross billing back into advertising.
4. Read (or buy on audio tape) E-Myth by Michael Gerber. This is the business owners bible.
5. Never sell a job, sell a service experience. You'll get paid what you are worth.
6. Pay yourself first. This is not money you reinvest. This pays your personal bills. Pay yourself the same amount every week.
7. Set aside another 20% of your gross billing as your company net profit. This is whats called cash flow. This is what buys new equipment, adds employees and lets you make purchases without tapping your personal account.
8. Learn your costs. You cannot price a job for a customer until you know your expenses. Your costs are EVERYTHING that is paid to maintain your business. Liability insurance, bonding, vehicle depreciation, fuel, insurance, advertising, helpers, owner payroll, phone lines, office expenses, accounting, etc.
9. Let's get back to number 6. Only 2 out of five people buy based on price. That leaves three customers that are willing to pay top rate for top service. Never worry about "charging too much". There is no such thing. you charge as much as your market will bear.
10. Keep your job as long as you can. Come to terms that owning a business is 24/7. If it were easy, the failure rate for startup businesses would not be 90% during the first five years. The biggest reason for failure is being undercapitalized. If you have steady income you can start your advertising and pick and choose higher end clientele.

Good Luck to you!

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 02-25-2009, 11:46 AM

I am also new to Construction clean-up, but I was able to go to the City/County Planning Dept. and ask for a list of new construction. So now, every month they include me on the email distribution that includes the contact info every builder who has applied for a building permit, etc.

I hope this helps.

L. Nicole Tomlinson
Green-Kleen LLC
www.greenkleenllc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-25-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
4. Read (or buy on audio tape) E-Myth by Michael Gerber. This is the business owners bible.

I am halfway through this book. Ill be finishing it tonight. It is fantastic. Got it on amazon for $3
post #5 of Old 03-01-2009, 05:05 PM

Agree wit hGreen-Kleen

I to work with our loca city govt for information on new projects etc...
very helpful!

Ken Nendze
www.citrusroofcleaning.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode