Do you have tiny house? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-30-2018, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Well, not exactly but I do live in a rather small apartment. I have always owned a house and now I dont. It has taken some adjustments on my part to deal with a small space. For me, storage is the biggest issue. That may not be a problem for you.
In fact, just now I was planning on how to get ride of some stuff I no longer use - mostly kitchen stuff. It will be heavy for me to box up and take somewhere. I found that the Veterens League will pick up stuff, but they will not pick up a big old TV I have. I will end up paying someone to do that.
I LOVE the idea of Tiny Houses and have looked at many of them online. Some are simply wonderful and ingenious in their use of space. I am drawn to the idea of a moveable home but NOT an ordinary "mobile home." Those ugly things rust out quickly here in Florida. HGTV has shown many such homes. Love them!
Let me know what you decide to do and if you buy one, I would love to see photos of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-03-2018, 02:34 AM

Yes! a tiny, tiny house
post #3 of Old 05-03-2018, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Do you plan to have one built? Or build it yourself? Make sure you know the laws about this in your area. Do your homework - it will pay off if you know exactly what you are getting into. And also be prepared for a bump ride! Things WILL go wrong - expect that and it wont take you by surprise. I am speaking as someone who has renovated a few homes. They never turn out to be exactly what we had in mind and there are always problems and issues I had to deal with. The end result was usually great but getting there... was tough.

May I ask - where do you live?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-06-2018, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Great advice although your link didnt show - at least to me. Comcast at work, maybe. My apartment is a 2 bedroom one bath and is about 750 SF - maybe a bit less. It has taken some getting used to! Only recently did it hit me that I truly do not need a big sofa now. Two easy chairs would work better for me in this small space. I only have two small closets, so I am always trying to get rid of stuff I do not truly use or need. Storage is my biggest problem living in a small space.
I LOVE the idea of a moveable home! But NOT a typical camper - that would be just TOO cramped.
You need to find out the laws (zoning, etc) in your part of the world, so you dont buy something that turns out to be NOT legal. Not sure how you would do that, but I know you need to.
post #5 of Old 06-10-2018, 03:55 AM

Yes!! Tiny houses are easy to maintain and I just love it!
post #6 of Old 06-10-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Did you have it built already???
post #7 of Old 03-08-2019, 01:49 PM

With the cost of everything nowadays owning a small house is the best thing you could do.
post #8 of Old 05-07-2019, 09:29 AM

I was dreaming to build one, few years ago. But the estimate was too expensive.
post #9 of Old 05-16-2019, 07:20 AM

I'll listen too
post #10 of Old 06-04-2019, 07:44 AM

Yes, the idea is definitely good. Of course, if you have everything for this, then cards in hand. The tiny house is just a dream from a favorite movie, now it is very fashionable. But too many problems with it, but everything is possible. I am also doing repairs in my apartment now, of course this is incomparable with your idea, but still there are many difficulties. Do not believe it, but my main assistant, with regard to the tools, was the information on the site https://drilling-it.com/dewalt-dwd115k-review/. I learned a lot of new and useful things for myself, as for a builder with experience, now I choose a technique only after reviewing reviews here. Look, maybe in your difficult matter, it will be interesting.

Last edited by StevenO; 06-04-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode