FEEDBACK: Online Survey Tool - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-29-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

IDEA:
One of the best tools I had when I ran my painting business were the surveys I had clients fill out at the end of each job. There were 10 questions the client could rate us on and a comment area to write in any feedback.

This was a great way to gauge how we were doing with our clients and also a great sales tool because we would use these reviews in bidding future jobs.

PROBLEM:
We had two problems with our surveys: First, clients always thought we were only showing them the good reviews. Second, we were standing right by them when they filled out the form so I think it affected the results. Bottom line is that the reviews were not independent enough to be as effective as they could have been.

SOULUTION:
I am currently working with a business partner to develop some online tools for the service industry and our first project is an Online Survey Tool.

The idea behind this tool is twofold: One is to give business owners a way to gauge their service performance. The other is to help business owners sell their services to potential customers by having them see independent rankings and reviews.

The survey would be based on a 5 star rating system and you would have the ability to customize your profile to upload a logo, a profile picture, as well as display relevant company information (name, phone number, address, website address, etc).

At the end of a job you would log in to your account and email your client a secure link so they could review your company and the work you recently performed. The survey would be 8-10 basic questions along with a comment box for more feedback. All this info would be gathered and displayed under your general profile so potential customers could view your overall rating, individual reviews, comments, and so on.

One of the features would allow you to display your rating and a link to your profile from your own company website.

FEEDBACK & QUESTIONS:
Im looking for some feedback on this idea: Is there anything I am missing? Is there an additional feature that you would like to see with this online survey tool?

Also, a few more questions:
  • Would you be interested a service like this?
  • Would you be willing to pay a small monthly fee ($5 - $10/month)?
  • Do you think this would appeal to a large market of service industry professionals?
Thanks for your time

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-29-2006, 06:03 PM

Neat Idea Nathan. I do have a couple of thoughts.....

1) I personally think that a yearly rate would be better rather than an monthly fee.

2) Would the form be customizable to different fields of cleaning? Or would the questions be generic to all forms of business? (ie: how are we doing?)

3) What sort of policy would you have in place for the contesting of a review that the business owner thought was inapproperate?

4) would there be a place or way to show the actions that a company took to rectify a negative experience that a customer had prior to and/or after a review was made in the case of a negative review?
post #3 of Old 08-30-2006, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Great feedback!

I'm trying to think all this through now...

Anyone else?

Nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-30-2006, 04:49 PM

What would you do to market the service? Lets say for the sake of argument I have a link on my website to "PressurePros, Inc's" profile..the customer reads all of my glowing reviews and figures its a Fugazi.. a fake site. The issue I would see would be lending credibility to the site. this can be done via marketing to achieve perception but it may not be worthwhile.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 08-30-2006, 08:09 PM

Here is a link to someone else who is doing something similar http://www.trustedtestimonials.com/index.php
post #6 of Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Great feedback guys. I know I'm a bit slow to respond but I'm talking this over with the other guy involved. Right now everything is on paper so this is great stuff for us to figure out if we want to move forward and invest the money.

Thanks.

Nathan

post #7 of Old 08-31-2006, 07:07 AM

Angies list, Superpages, yahoo local all have that feature. All we do is email our customers a link so that they can leave a review. Most don't even mess with it. Contractors.com also has a review and rate feature.
All of these are free, which is where you might see a problem trying to find any paying consumers.

For thought.... Those sites mentioned offer the rating and review secondary to the advertising. The directory feature is more valuable to a contractor than the R&R. Maybe if you were to approach it that way. Market a Directory site with the R&R feature as an added feature. Perhaps make the higher ratings bring contractors higher on the searches as incentive to get good reviews.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #8 of Old 08-31-2006, 07:11 AM

This is funny....

http://www.testimonialblog.com/carto...a&cid=c3b06151

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode