July 4th - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-02-2006, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

July 4th

So, what is everyone doing for July 4th? My daughters birthday is on the 1st so we are just getting together with family and friends to celebrate both her birthday and the holiday.
I'm trying to convince her that the fireworks are in her honor

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-02-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
So, what is everyone doing for July 4th? My daughters birthday is on the 1st so we are just getting together with family and friends to celebrate both her birthday and the holiday.
I'm trying to convince her that the fireworks are in her honor
Going to my parents' house in Crystal River and watching fireworks over King's Bay. Cookout during the day, play with Michael (the beautiful 9 month old boy in my Avatar) in the wading pool, just kick back and take it easy.
post #3 of Old 07-02-2006, 04:01 PM

Crystal River

Crystal River was on my list from www.pickyourspot.com of places that I should consider moving to.

What's it like over there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-02-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Crystal River was on my list from www.pickyourspot.com of places that I should consider moving to.

What's it like over there?
Very nice. If you like coastal living, it's a great place. Not nearly as crowded as the "other" coast of FL, or further south on the W. coast of FL. I'd live there, if I didn't live here.
post #5 of Old 07-02-2006, 04:13 PM

Ocala and Gainseville were on the list, too, as well as the NE coast.

I think I'll start a new thread about this and get some more opinions.
post #6 of Old 07-02-2006, 05:19 PM

Today, sealed my asphalt Drive. 4100 sqft My Father in Law has a concession trailer with cotton candy machines and shave ice. I got roped again into helping him at the 4th of July festivities. Seems I never get to take a break.

Thad, Ocala is cool. Wifes Family lives in the National Forest there on a Lake. We go from time to time. Great relaxing.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #7 of Old 07-02-2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Today, sealed my asphalt Drive. 4100 sqft My Father in Law has a concession trailer with cotton candy machines and shave ice. I got roped again into helping him at the 4th of July festivities. Seems I never get to take a break.

Thad, Ocala is cool. Wifes Family lives in the National Forest there on a Lake. We go from time to time. Great relaxing.
I've heard some disturbing things about the ONF lately...they're really cracking down on the squatters, homeless, and transients living there in some of the campgrounds. Said they've found something like 20 meth labs in the past year, including one that blew up!

Ocala is great, booming town, lots of growth, lots of huge neighborhoods in which to market work! Kind of like a smaller Orlando without the horrible traffic.
post #8 of Old 07-03-2006, 07:01 AM

Definitley money there. Lexington has just won a suit because Ocala was claiming "Horse Capital Of The World". Lexingto without a doubt has that title. But Ocala does have plenty of that horse money.

I heard that stuff about the OCN also. Because I only visit from time to time, I couldn't say I know first hand.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #9 of Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
Definitley money there. Lexington has just won a suit because Ocala was claiming "Horse Capital Of The World". Lexingto without a doubt has that title. But Ocala does have plenty of that horse money.

I heard that stuff about the OCN also. Because I only visit from time to time, I couldn't say I know first hand.
Well, there are certainly nice ares of the ONF. It is the most visited national forest in the SE. But there are many unregulated campgrounds/campsites where squatters and the like live. They're working to clean things up and get rid of the drugs and crime that are apparently very common in some areas of the ONF
post #10 of Old 07-03-2006, 09:46 AM

Wow, sounds great. If things don't go well for me I can live in the park for free and make meth.

I was intrigued by the JAX area because the striper fishing is supposed to be good there.
I LOOOOOOOOOve fishing for srtipers and that is a huge plus for me!
The only thing I miss about Jackson, MS is going to the Ross Barnett spillway every morning before work during the winter and catching a few hybrids before work.
post #11 of Old 07-03-2006, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

We had July 4th on July 3rd this year. My community had a big fireworks display tonight which actually worked out pretty well.

Anyone else's area do this?

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
post #12 of Old 07-04-2006, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
We had July 4th on July 3rd this year. My community had a big fireworks display tonight which actually worked out pretty well.

Anyone else's area do this?
Yeah, they had fireworks in Gainesville last night, but we stayed home and watched the rednecks across the lake fire theirs off instead.

Amazing..they can't afford to fix up their house, their cars, their trucks, or their wimmin, but they can sure go drop a coupld grand on fireworks! LOL

We're going down to Crystal River in an hour or so. They're doing fireworks tonight. We were going to take the boat out and watch them from there, but we're not comfortable taking Michael (9 1/2 months) out on the boat at night with a bunch of drunken fools on the water.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode