Think & Grow Rich? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-29-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Question Think & Grow Rich?

Has anyone read "Think & Grow Rich" By Napoleon Hill If so What do you think and how has it effected you?

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-07-2006, 09:27 AM

How If Affected Me

it changed my LIFE!!!! I was 30 and had a dead end job at Winn Dixie that was going under and thats the only job i ever had for 15 yrs everything was going under i lost my house cars wife childeren about blew my head off in VA while deer hunting. and saw that book at a book store. picked it up read it changed the way i was thinking and now i have a business that pays good and a way of life i have always dreamed of happier than any day before that day and its just getting better

also another really good book to read is ONE MIN MILLIONAIR and cracking the millionair code let me know what you think
post #3 of Old 12-08-2006, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

It sounds like you have weathered a rough storm. I know of others that weren’t as strong. I to have been in a dark place before, but I worked through it. At times it was not easy. I believe I have grown as a human through these struggles. The book “Think & Grow Rich” has definitely helped my out look on life both personal and professional. I will defiantly check out the book you have recommended. So what name do you go by?

Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-08-2006, 05:52 PM

if your asking about the business name its Brandon's Gutter Service I am in Thomasville North Carolina. what kind of residental cleaning do you do?
post #5 of Old 12-09-2006, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

I would classify it as general house cleaning. We take care of dust removal, clean and disinfect kitchens and bath rooms. I think the term “General House Cleaning” is subject to interpretation.

Martin
post #6 of Old 12-09-2006, 07:21 PM

Cool we clean gutters repair install (pressure wash just the ones that are on our sustomer list) Don't want to step on any pressure washers toes in here they might call me a lowballer LOL

have you checked out those books they are written by Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen
post #7 of Old 12-09-2006, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

I have not yet but it’s on my to do list. I am in my truck for most of the day and try to make the most of that time by listening to books on tape/CD. So how long have you in this line of work.

Martin
post #8 of Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 PM

I have been doing this for 3 full yrs and (pt or hit and miss for 2 yrs) it has been really good for me we just hit my 5 yr goal this year and the 5 yr goal was 125000
post #9 of Old 02-10-2007, 09:08 AM

Excellent Book. Would highly recommend
post #10 of Old 02-15-2007, 07:02 PM

Just wanted to share a lesson regarding Napoleon Hill...

Why was Napoleon Hill nearly broke at the end of his career, to be saved by W. Clement Stone hiring him to be a trainer at his company?

Because Napoleon Hill never applied a "System" to his business, and never had a "Herd". He was a speaker who would go out, speak, make money from the attendees, that's it. He was only as good as his next speech.

W. Clement Stone was in the insurance business. When he applied Hill's philosophies to the insurance business, the renewals would make him wealthy. Everytime he added a new client, his passive renewable income grew. That's the "herd" philosophy.

Napoleon Hill spoke to thousands, but never realized he needed to 1.)keep a list of people he spoke to 2.)market other things to that herd 3.)create any kind of "continuity" to capitalize on the herd. Tony Robbins today has a monthly interview product as a continuity. Hill could have done that or similar.

Cleaners must add to the "herd" with maintenance plans! The bigger the herd, the bigger your automatic renewable income. There will be a certain part of your business that will be predictable at the beginning of every month wack the credit cards.

Hope this was fun and useful

Hip Cat
www.CarpetCleanerPrinting.com

Last edited by Hip Cat; 02-15-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: add

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode