what does everyone do? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-18-2008, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

what does everyone do?

so apart from cleaning and working, what does everyone else get up to?

i like going out with my old college mates and having a good laugh. i like looking after my animals which can be really annoying! my rabbits are sooo messy!

i like swimming, playing pool, dancing, pole dancing , reading, CLEANING, relaxing, quiet nights in in front of the tv.

what does everyone else get up when you have a spare 5 mins?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-18-2008, 08:20 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I read worthless information on the 'net. Sometimes I find a jewel in my everlasting search for higher intellegence.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #3 of Old 03-18-2008, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

sounds like fun??? lol

any sports or anything else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-18-2008, 06:43 PM

Welcome Playboybunny

I'm with Torrey, I spend waaaaay too much time on the web

I do enjoy watching arena football, taking my dogs to the local dog park, and crafting when my business(es) are not keeping me totally occupied to the gills
post #5 of Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM

I ride as much as I can....

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #6 of Old 03-18-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboybunny View Post

sounds like fun??? lol

any sports or anything else?
I volunteer my time and participate in programs that use adaptive sports for wounded veterans and soldiers. Particularly white water kayaking events, snow skiing and outrigger canoeing. My husband trains for a 90-mile event each year in New York. I just float down the river and hope for the best. I haven't drowned yet.

Here is a pic of me in a "hole" last summer in Colorado. The people in the background are the wounded vets, including my husband, which range from amputees to brain injured men and women. The children in the foreground are the daughters of one of the wounded veterans. It's a family event we can look forward to each year.

It's very rewarding.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #7 of Old 03-18-2008, 09:37 PM

Did someone say spare time? What is that? I do not have any these days. Yesterday I worked 12 hours! Hire employee today! Woo hoo! Anyway, I go to school online. (Not too sure why I did that) So when I get home the first thing I do is shower then homework (which I am supposed to be doing now). In between that I try and take care of my kids, husband and dogs but I think that they have all been neglected lately. Sometimes when I get the chance I just veg out on the couch and flip the channels on the TV all day and eat junk food. Maybe one day for fun I will get to the grocery store!

Kendra
Busy Bees Cleaning Services
www.busybeesclean.com
post #8 of Old 03-19-2008, 01:03 AM

Great Bike FCPWLLC! Kendra - I know what you mean about the spare time - LOL
post #9 of Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

hey kenda, you do sound busy....!!

im very grateful that i do get 5mins spare every now and then.

i would soooo love to do that water sport thing!!! im such a thrill person and would anything for a giggle!! and cool bike!!!! i like bikes. and who said dog walking?? oh i love doggies!!!! really want a dog but my boyfriend got me a cat!!!!! silly man!

to kenda, i really hope that one day you get a break. try hinting to your partner that you need a day in a spa full of beauty treatments....... . if not spend extra time in the bath with candles and a glass of wine. little things like that is great for me!! and cost less! you deserve it mate. i praise women like you. well done you!
post #10 of Old 03-19-2008, 05:29 PM

Thanks Kittie. I am actually hopefully going to be off on Friday and taking the kids to Houston to my in-laws house. We were supposed to leave on Thursday but when the big customers call I can't tell them no. I wonder if I will ever trust anyone to do the work and me not have to be there? When you own a business I guess that is part of the deal. Even in Houston my phone will be ringing off the hook. But atleast the work will not be physical. My body needs a break. Maybe I will come back refreshed. I think everyone needs a break every now and then.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #11 of Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM

Kendra,

Try bartering services with a massage therapist. That's what I do!

Ahhh, Calgon...take me away!

Next month we are going to Colorado to go skiing in Breckenridge. I am SO excited to get a vacation!

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #12 of Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailoredMaid View Post
Kendra,

Try bartering services with a massage therapist. That's what I do!

Ahhh, Calgon...take me away!

Next month we are going to Colorado to go skiing in Breckenridge. I am SO excited to get a vacation!

Torrey
That is a great idea Torrey. I am going to have to work something like that out! I think we really just need more help but want to take it slow. We are training the new girl tomorrow so hopefully she will work out.

Kendra
www.busybeesclean.com
post #13 of Old 03-19-2008, 08:09 PM

I pretty much have no life. If I am not washing, staining, hiring, marketing, scheduling or analyzing numbers.. I am talking to Michael (Harley guy above) or another associate about those things. if I am not on the phone talking about business I am reading a forum about it.. and finally, if I am not reading or posting about business, I am in some other part of the country speaking about it.

Hey Torrey.. Do I look chipper enough in this one?

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA

Last edited by PressurePros; 03-19-2008 at 08:25 PM.
post #14 of Old 03-19-2008, 08:33 PM

Y'all can keep the kayaks and rafting. That whole "not knowing when you are going under the water sport thing" scares the heck out of me. But I was an avid scuba diver years ago...Grand Cayman was the ultimate place for that.

Skiing in Steamboat Springs, CO was second best to scuba diving in Cayman and who doesn't love a ride on a Harley?

Have fun Torrey! Isn't it nice that you can go to the snow in the Spring and not have to deal with it here in Virginia?

& Ken, very chipper

suzi
post #15 of Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM

Hey Ken,

You are quite chipper and I can see the animated movements in the still frame. Were you walking on sunshine that day?

When are you coming to Virginia to speak?

I go kayaking up in Pennsylvania a couple times a year. It's been a little too long since my last visit though. I plan to go on the Lower Yough this summer, as we've done every summer for the last three years. That's at the Ohiopyle State Park. The last time I went I was interviewed in Paddling Magazine. We even had the kids out there! They love their adventures with Mom and Dad.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #16 of Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

think i should jump on a plane and come to america! ski-ing and the water rafting thing.. looks good! so boring here in rainy england! glad everyone does manage to take time of and chill.
post #17 of Old 03-23-2008, 08:34 AM

Virginia is on the East Coast. We live on the Chesapeake so there's a lot of opportunities to go flat-water paddling off our back yard. We also have a bass fishing boat. Do you ever go fishing in the land of fish and chips?

I like my fish batter fried with malt vinegar. I took that from the brits as my favorite way to eat fish.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Cleaning for Heroes
post #18 of Old 03-28-2008, 03:16 PM

For me its Sports, Camping, Travel and working out. I'm moving to DC pretty soon, so I'm trying to get prepared for that journey.
post #19 of Old 03-28-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
I pretty much have no life. If I am not washing, staining, hiring, marketing, scheduling or analyzing numbers.. I am talking to Michael (Harley guy above) or another associate about those things. if I am not on the phone talking about business I am reading a forum about it.. and finally, if I am not reading or posting about business, I am in some other part of the country speaking about it.

Hey Torrey.. Do I look chipper enough in this one?

Hey, that pic is familiar.... Here's mine from that same event...

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #20 of Old 03-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Me at the same event coming in another way

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode