What was the hardest to clean stain that you have ever cleaned? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-11-2011, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

What was the hardest to clean stain that you have ever cleaned?

I'd like to hear what was the worst stain you have ever encountered?

I had some troubles with an apricot stain. Apricots are very hard to clean. Actually, if you stain your clothes with apricots, the chance to clean the spot is rather small.

I love cleaning and gardening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Ive had three stains that were hard to remove . Blood, red dye, & wine! Ive never encountered apricot juice yet...but who knows I might someday. Any recommendations on what you used to remove the stain?

Carpet Cleaning MA, Carpet Cleaning East Taunton , Carpet Cleaning Boston
We also offer Area Rug Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Commercial Cleaning & Hard Wood Restoration.
post #3 of Old 05-11-2011, 08:35 PM

i alwys herd that mustard was the worse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-12-2011, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesteammaster View Post
Ive had three stains that were hard to remove . Blood, red dye, & wine! Ive never encountered apricot juice yet...but who knows I might someday. Any recommendations on what you used to remove the stain?
Well, when it happened I did not know that apricot stains are hard to remove and I left it to dry. After that I realized that I cannot remove it anymore. Whatever you do when you stain yourself with apricots, do not leave the spot to dry. Treat it immediately with warm water mixed with oxygen bleach. However, I still do not guarantee you'll manage to remove it. It is really stubborn...

post #5 of Old 05-12-2011, 06:26 AM

Once I had to deal with chewing gum stain on a carpet. That was the most stubborn stain I've ever tried to remove. And, yeah, I just tried but I couldn't. So I had to call a professional.

post #6 of Old 05-12-2011, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaheader View Post
Once I had to deal with chewing gum stain on a carpet. That was the most stubborn stain I've ever tried to remove. And, yeah, I just tried but I couldn't. So I had to call a professional.
I've heard that chewing gum can be very easily removed with an iron and a newspaper. You have to put the newspaper on the chewing gum and to iron it. The gum remains on the paper.

post #7 of Old 05-13-2011, 02:48 AM

yeah, but it is a little bit difficult not to burn my carpet

post #8 of Old 05-13-2011, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaheader View Post
yeah, but it is a little bit difficult not to burn my carpet
Dear Lisa,
you just iron it, i have tried it several times, the carpet survived, so no worries.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #9 of Old 05-16-2011, 03:32 AM

I decided to try it and it worked.. thank you for the advice

post #10 of Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Wine. It is incredible tough. But i cleaned it- hehehe Who's the man?

Cleaning Is What i DO!
post #11 of Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 AM

An interesting topic. I would like to share my experience. Really, wine is a really though one. However, my story is quite unforgettable. One of my children was playing with a neighbours kid and they both invented the worst stain. We are talking about a stain, but my sons shirt was basically discoloured. They said they have put whatever they found in the bottle which later was spilled on Mike's red shirt. Toothpaste, liquid soap, vinegar, some window cleaning products and whatever they found. Even in high temperature in the washing machine the stain could not be gone. Finally, I threw away the shirt and the problem was solved. This is my story, hope you enjoy it!

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #12 of Old 07-30-2011, 06:33 PM

the worst stain i ever had to remove was from my hands when i was about 6 years old. i was playing in the woods with my buddy, and we were making "wild berry pie" with the dark berries we found. of course we had over handled them, and were squishing them in our hands. but man, our hands were stained PURPLE for days!
post #13 of Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 AM

And what if all of the juice was on a white shirt? It is just gone forever... Cannot imagine it

Best Regards,
Cheryl Parker
post #14 of Old 08-01-2011, 12:34 PM

Response

Cleaning linoleum tiles and rubbing their shine off is horrible.

www.bbcleaningservice.com/blog

www.bbcleaningservice.com
post #15 of Old 09-21-2011, 06:02 PM

the hardest stain that i have ever cleaned was a water stain from a perspiring cup on my wood kitchen table.....and it actually won't go away :/ any suggestions?
post #16 of Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Grease and oil is the hardest to clean. I was cleaning my table fans using grease and oil, unfortunately, oil and grease fall on carpet, then i tried to wash it with detergents but not successful. At last i have to buy a new carpet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode