Honest Feedback on CleaningTalk.com - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-28-2006, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Honest Feedback on CleaningTalk.com

It's time for some honest feedback on CleaningTalk.com.

It's no secret that although we get some decent traffic the amount of posts per day is not what it should be. Some of this is due to the fact that I've been busy with a new baby and move to Austin but I'd like to hear your feedback on how we can improve.

Is the topic too broad?
Do we just need more starter posts?
More Traffic?
Better features/design/etc...

Anything and everything is welcome. Let me hear it!

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-29-2006, 01:37 AM

I think that you are doing well, keep up the good work
post #3 of Old 09-29-2006, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.peterson View Post
I think that you are doing well, keep up the good work
I'm not sayings it's terrible but every day a good number of people hit this site and it seems like they aren't posting. Just trying to make sure I'm not doing something to keep them away.

Nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-29-2006, 09:36 AM

Nathan, you do everything right but I understand you have goals set and the number of posts may seem low per your hit traffic. I'll give you an insight as to what I look for.

I specialize in certain services. The topics on this BBS are a bit broad and perhaps too oriented towards newbies trying to start an interior house cleaning business. I have absolutely nothing against a newbie and I encourage and support anyone that is wise enough to do their research before starting a business venture. From my standpoint there are some other boards that have more established professionals and more targeted topics. Its not anything I would recommend you to change, I think its just a matter of time before you get more people posting topics that would generate more interest for me.

I run an internet business so I am often online and check this board once per day. I admire your knowlege on the subject of SEO and your marketing campaigns to drive people to your site. One final note.. The topic of cleaning is obviously something that interests me but a site that is more dedicated to the fine arts of the marketing and selling of cleaning services would get my peak attention.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 09-29-2006, 09:40 AM

Nathan you have done a great job on the site and it's only going to grow and get better.

By the way did you kick that Dave O guy off the site i know he's a troublemaker!

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
"We Beat the Weathering Problem"
post #6 of Old 09-29-2006, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
One final note.. The topic of cleaning is obviously something that interests me but a site that is more dedicated to the fine arts of the marketing and selling of cleaning services would get my peak attention.

To me that is the focus of this website.

I know I go back to the subject of ContractorTalk.com a lot but this site is built on the same model. The goal of that site was to bring the trades together because all the trades had business, marketing, sales, hr, websites, etc.. in common. It gave everyone a place to discuss these crucial topics and also to have a place to talk tech too.
CleaningTalk.comís goal is the same. To bring the cleaning trades together to bring business in the industry to a new standard.

ContractorTalk.com took 3 years to grow and frankly this site is growing faster. Iím not upset by the growth but I just find it odd that so many people (who are active on other sites) visit this site every day yet donít post. If itís just a matter of time thatís fine but I just wanted to make sure I wasnít missing the boat.

Thanks for the input!

Nathan

post #7 of Old 09-29-2006, 12:10 PM

I agree with Ken.

I check in pretty often, but don't have anything to offer re: office or house cleaning.

If someone has a PW, window, or VCT question or comment I will jump in if I have anything to offer.
post #8 of Old 09-29-2006, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I agree with Ken.

I check in pretty often, but don't have anything to offer re: office or house cleaning.

If someone has a PW, window, or VCT question or comment I will jump in if I have anything to offer.
The topic of this site is pretty broad but I think over time it will work out well and be a great resource. There are a bunch of PW only boards and I'm just trying to do something a little different.

BTW, pressure washing kind of bridges the gap between contractortalk.com and cleaningtalk.com.

For anyone who doesn't know we have a pressure washing forum on contractortalk.com here: http://www.contractortalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61

Nathan

post #9 of Old 09-29-2006, 07:55 PM

I wasn't aware you had a PW'ing forum over there. Like I mentioned I think you are doing fine with your current format. It's like any business it just takes timne for people to know you are here and feel comfortable using your service.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #10 of Old 09-29-2006, 08:20 PM

Thumbs up

I've been telling him that for a while now.........

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #11 of Old 12-23-2010, 03:53 PM

you need to cut out the spam. this site is full of it. look at the latest poster and every topic has posts by cute girl. you get topics and visits but how many are actually looking for advice? imo cutting the spam out will help this place as although you'll loose a big chunk of traffic you'll be left with actual visitors that can find good info from this site.
post #12 of Old 12-23-2010, 03:54 PM

holy smokes just realised this thread is 5 years old! guess no one comes into this area anymore
post #13 of Old 12-24-2010, 05:42 AM
J4K

You are exactly right, too much spam! You need some moderators on this board to deal with it.
post #14 of Old 12-24-2010, 08:41 AM

I agree, the problem is I don't see the mods on this site at all when I sign in.
post #15 of Old 12-24-2010, 03:34 PM

LMAO I didn't realize how old this post was also. i was thinking wow it actually has an active admin.
I figured this was almost like an abandoned site, just a few posters and a lot of spam..
I agree though the spam needs to go...

RJ Cleaning Service Inc
Serving Central Massachusetts
www.rjcleaningservice.com
post #16 of Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Cleaning View Post
LMAO I didn't realize how old this post was also. i was thinking wow it actually has an active admin.
I figured this was almost like an abandoned site, just a few posters and a lot of spam..
I agree though the spam needs to go...
"just a few posters and a lot of spam"

You said a mouthful man
post #17 of Old 05-02-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
"just a few posters and a lot of spam"

you said a mouthful man
bump admin!!!
post #18 of Old 05-02-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

If you see spam PLEASE click on the icon in the lower left hand corner of their post and I'll take care of it.

Thanks,
Nathan

Nathan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode