Website Errors - Lost a few posts... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-05-2006, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Website Errors - Lost a few posts...

Hey guys, you may have noticed but we lost about 40 posts.

WHY?
Because I upgraded the software we use to run this site this morning and have since found out there was an error with it's code.
Because of this I had to revert back to our old code and with it we lost a few posts

I am very sorry about this and it will not happen again.

Nathan

Have you registered yet? Its quick, easy, and FREE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM

Nathan -

You running 3.6 Beta? We're waiting a couple of weeks till it hits general release...safer...bugs are not a cool and happening thing...yuck!

Beth

See Dirt Run! Inc.
Log Home Care & Maintenance Cob Blasting Log Homes
Phone: 301-540-1243
Germantown, MD. MHIC#86481
post #3 of Old 07-05-2006, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Frankly Beth... I had no idea this site would get so large so fast. This was kind of a test board for ContractorTalk.com and then all the sudden... boom. 800 posts and 100 members.

Anyways, I would not recommend upgrading. I'm stuck with it until the final version comes out but reverted back to beta 3 from this morning because it's more stable and has less issues.

Id rather loose 40 posts than risk crashing the board.

Nathan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-05-2006, 03:01 PM

Oh we are going to it, been planning it for weeks...but we don't do beta...only general release. It's due soon and we are very excited about some of the administrative changed that are in the upgrade.

I remember when you were planning this BBS and I'm sure it will do well. You seem to be adding lots of the same things we have on TGS in forums and features.

Beth

See Dirt Run! Inc.
Log Home Care & Maintenance Cob Blasting Log Homes
Phone: 301-540-1243
Germantown, MD. MHIC#86481
post #5 of Old 07-05-2006, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by See Dirt Run Inc View Post
You seem to be adding lots of the same things we have on TGS in forums and features.
We are really just copying over the same features and general topics from ContractorTalk.com. Only now we are targetting the cleaning industry as a whole instead of the construction industry.

That is what made ContractorTalk.com unique when we started it 3 years ago. It it covered all trades and not just a single one. I see CleaningTalk.com as doing the same thing. Bringing together cleaning professionals from all the different cleaning industries and not just power washing or carpet cleaning, etc... Hopefully that is what will make us stand out. I see real value in different cleaning industries working together and sharing ideas.

Anyways, you have a great forum Beth ... no doubt.

Nathan

post #6 of Old 07-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Hey guys, you may have noticed but we lost about 40 posts.

OH don't worry Nathan there will be more post to make up for those lost.

If there had to be a good time to lose anything would have been now while the site is just starting.In no time you will have great informative info or pics to help many people trying to learn.

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
"We Beat the Weathering Problem"
post #7 of Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsavers Of Texas View Post
OH don't worry Nathan there will be more post to make up for those lost.

If there had to be a good time to lose anything would have been now while the site is just starting.In no time you will have great informative info or pics to help many people trying to learn.
Thanks... I always do backups daily and before I do any changes however this error didn't show up til a few hours after I had upgraded the software. That was why we then had to go back a few hours.

Don't expect to ever see this happen again. It's never happened on ContractorTalk.com.

Nathan

post #8 of Old 07-06-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Bump... I dont' want anyone to think I deleted their posts so I want to get this to the top again. The 40 posts that were lost were because of a database upgrade and not because I deleted them.

Thanks.

Nathan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode