After first cleaning, carpets get dirty faster? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-20-2012, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

After first cleaning, carpets get dirty faster?

I heard that once you clean your carpets the first time they get dirty faster afterwards. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-08-2012, 04:43 AM

It is a very hard to clean carpet and take some times to get clean. I use blower and vacuum cleaner to clean my carpet and you can also use it. You can clean your carpet in deeply with these equipments.
post #3 of Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 AM
TFC

Not necessarily true

I think there are a lot of factors that can cause a carpet to get dirty fast,so I do not believe that it is necessarily caused by the first cleaning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFC View Post
I think there are a lot of factors that can cause a carpet to get dirty fast,so I do not believe that it is necessarily caused by the first cleaning.
We also know that there are a lot of factors which can cause a carpet and we should care for this problem. What you think for which reasons are common to cause a carpet.
post #5 of Old 06-14-2012, 02:16 AM

One more reason is, numerous cleaning companies still use older cleaning chemicals that are not appropriate for today's advanced carpet protection systems. Older cleaning chemicals really are a more compact amount pricey and even more affordable for the low listed carpet cleaner in comparison to advanced pre-remedies and fluids of nowadays
post #6 of Old 06-14-2012, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotlesscleaning02 View Post
One more reason is, numerous cleaning companies still use older cleaning chemicals that are not appropriate for today's advanced carpet protection systems. Older cleaning chemicals really are a more compact amount pricey and even more affordable for the low listed carpet cleaner in comparison to advanced pre-remedies and fluids of nowadays

As you say I am not using cleaning chemicals for cleaning carpet. I am using other one. Still I am facing that problem. Please suggest me the best one cleaning product for my carpet.
post #7 of Old 06-15-2012, 06:33 AM

Try a steam cleaner, you can often rent on a daily basis and they are very good.

how to check for mold
post #8 of Old 08-27-2012, 03:03 PM

i don't think that this is true, but maybe it's possible that some cleaning products can attract dust and dirt.. maybe it's electrostatic? or maybe i'm over thinking it. i'm sure cleaning regularly will solve the problem best

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
post #9 of Old 08-28-2012, 07:29 AM
J4K

Using typical carpet cleaning chemicals can leave a sticky residue behind in the carpet which in turn will attract dirt. Use of encap cleaners as well as extraction cleaners such as Procyon will eliminate this.
post #10 of Old 09-13-2012, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4K View Post
Using typical carpet cleaning chemicals can leave a sticky residue behind in the carpet which in turn will attract dirt. Use of encap cleaners as well as extraction cleaners such as Procyon will eliminate this.
so i was right.. valuable advice

Schticky - Reusable Lint Roller
http://www.schticky.us

Eggies System - Buy Online!
http://www.buy-eggies.com
post #11 of Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to greenglobetips
True,they get dirty easily,what i do after cleaning them is that i wont let anyone step on the carpet.Ill wait till it dry off then that way,the carpet wont be dirty easil..
post #12 of Old 03-27-2013, 02:48 PM

Ask you professional carpet cleaner to add protection after cleaning the carpet, this will limit re-soiling
post #13 of Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 PM

Exactly sometimes carpet cleaning is not possible without profession help and condition can more complex when carpet flooded.
post #14 of Old 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashinisherin View Post
I heard that once you clean your carpets the first time they get dirty faster afterwards. Is this true?
I think its just a psychological concept because when the carpet is cleaned it seems to be very pleasing to the eyes and when even a small dirt particle sticks on it the carpet seems to have got dirty.
post #15 of Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 AM

It is true, carpet cleaning detergents leave a sticky residue that attracts dirt from shoes, etc. Your best bet is to have your carpets cleaned by a Chem-Dry franchise closest to you.

Judy & Steve White
J & S Janitorial Services/Brooke's Chem-Dry
4751 S 13th St, Unit 2
Leavenworth, KS 66048
913-351-3508
post #16 of Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 AM

Keeping your carpets clean might feel like an impossible task, especially if you have kids, pets or live in a muddy, dusty or rocky climate. But don’t give up. You can take steps to keep your carpet clean and looking great without spending too much time or money. You can keep your carpets looking fresh and clean all year with these six simple tips.

1. Cover It
Protect your carpets in high traffic areas by putting down area rugs. Place larger runners down hallways and high traffic areas. Get smaller rugs to go in front of doors to encourage people to wipe their shoes and to catch debris before it enters your house. Remember to vacuum these rugs regularly or shake them out outside.

2. Vacuum Routine
Regularly vacuuming your carpets will keep dust and dirt from building up and causing stains, discoloration or damaging the carpet fibers. Set a weekly vacuum routine to get the most out of this strategy.

3. Prevention: Shoes Off
Keep dirt from accumulating in the first place by instituting a no shoes policy for your house. Set up a shoe tree, basket or other organizer at the front and back doors to make adhering to this policy easier for family and guests.

4. Spot Clean
Take care of small stains and spots immediately after they occur by using spot cleaner. This will prevent the stain from setting and prolong the life of the carpet fibers.

5. Odor Control
Sprinkling a deodorizer or baking soda over the rugs before vacuuming can reduce carpet odors, especially from pets.

6. Steam Clean
Call in the professionals for a full carpet steam cleaning once or twice a year. More frequent steam cleaning can cause excessive wear on the carpet fibers.
post #17 of Old 08-13-2014, 06:26 AM

Sometimes proper after-clean time is need for the rug to dry off properly. That could be a reason for them to get dirty right after the wash. Hope this helps
post #18 of Old 09-02-2014, 05:45 AM

Its very easy to clean your carpet.
post #19 of Old 03-20-2015, 11:20 PM

yes , your right. After cleaning the carpet will get dirty very fast from previous days. you need to keep clean your carpet.
post #20 of Old 03-30-2015, 04:19 AM

its true and i agree with You!!
This is the most common question that I hear from clients.

“But my carpet looked great for a long time before it finally got dirty, then I had it cleaned and it got dirty much faster than it did before. Why is that?” so You need to teach about cleaning tips.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode